The age of experience, ease, and convenience are here. Every client wants everything to match their current location. E-commerce has developed to bring everything right to your door. Experience, comfort, and convenience are paramount—even in the virtual realm.
As a result, voice search, artificial intelligence, virtual reality, machine learning, and other technologies may now be incorporated into web development. Additionally, in order to offer the best user experience possible, a greater emphasis is being placed on the responsiveness and accessibility of websites.
With technological improvements, web development has a bright and exciting future. We’ll talk about some of the newest technologies that are influencing web development in this article.
Progressive Web Apps (PWA):
PWAs are a new breed of mobile apps created specifically for the web. These programs may be downloaded directly from the browser, are made to function offline, and offer a native-like experience. PWAs are growing more and more popular as a result of their capacity to offer users a quick and seamless experience.
Benefits of PWA in Web Development
The technology lets web developers combine the capabilities of websites and mobile apps to:
- Create an immersive user experience.
- Increase user engagement and conversion rates.
Moreover, Progressive Web Applications:
- Have comparatively low development costs.
- Can be used without depending on app distribution services like Appstore or Play Store.
- Offers fast installation and automatic updating features.
Virtual and Augmented Reality:
For users, very immersive and engaging experiences are being created using virtual and augmented reality technologies. With the use of these technologies, experiences that are more interactive and engaging are being made that are not achievable with conventional websites.
Applications of VR in web development
- Virtual Reality is used in websites to help users visualize the products they are going to purchase.
- VR devices like Oculus Rift or Google Cardboard are expected to revolutionize industries like tourism, architecture and retail.
- Volvo (Test Drive)
- McDonald’s (Happy Goggles)
Blockchain technology has the ability to completely change how websites are created and designed. This technology is a perfect foundation for creating websites that are safe and protect user data because it is transparent, decentralised, and secure.
Benefits of Blockchain in Web Development
Let’s look into the major benefits of Blockchain in web development:
- Blockchain works on consensus algorithms, which makes it almost impossible to break into.
- Data is stored on a network, making it easily available to users.
- The blockchain system is decentralized, and thus, is less prone to mistakes.
- Data can be transferred across the network without the need for intermediaries.
- Amazon Web Services
- Microsoft Azure Blockchain Service
The Internet of Things (IoT):
The use of IoT technology in web development is growing in popularity and enables the building of websites that are very responsive and interactive. Websites that can interact with other devices and sensors as well as the environment are being developed using this technology.
Source: Code Burst
Benefits of IoT in Web Development
The wide-ranging benefits of this smart ecosystem can be utilized by businesses in websites and mobile apps. The technology can be used in web development also:
- IoT provides accurate results without delays or errors with regards to the data transfer.
- Supports powerful security technologies protecting both business and user data.
- Helps developers gain more insights, analyze customer behavior and improve overall user experience.
- Wearable devices
- Connected cars
- Biometric cybersecurity
Voice Search Optimizationour
Voice assistants and the Internet of Things have accelerated the growth of voice recognition technology. By the next year, these gadgets will be able to distinguish between different people’s voices and offer a customized, AI-based experience because technology has advanced so much. The most recent advancements in web development include voice-activated self-standing gadgets and voice-optimized apps and webpages.
Voice recognition helps us multitask and saves time on more AI-enabled products. By 2023, 8 billion digital voice assistants are predicted to be in use worldwide. Voice search optimization will become indispensable among the newest web-building technologies as a result of the enormous expansion.
Benefits of Voice Search Optimization in Web Development
Voice search optimization helps web developers in the following ways:
- Makes local SEO campaigns more effective.
- Can answer customer queries quickly.
- Develop more trust and customer loyalty.
Examples (early adopters):
- Alexa (Amazon)
- Google Assistant
As the name implies, API-first development gives significant importance to APIs. As new technologies are developed, connections must be made between them, which is made possible by APIs. There have been APIs for about 20 years. However, in the past, developers used to prioritize the creation of new products, with the requirement to connect those products to software and hardware being an afterthought.
But there are several advantages to API-first development, the most significant of which is that it is user-focused. The technique enables developers to work concurrently, cutting down on development expenses and time. Additionally, it lowers the likelihood that a project will fail by ensuring the consistency and dependability of all APIs. So, API-first programming is increasingly popular in modern web development.
Benefits of API-first model in Web Development
Besides being developer-friendly, API-first development comes with tremendous benefits like:
- Reduces the learning curve of developers as well-documented and consistent APIs are provided.
- APIs are reliable and consistent, thus reducing the risk of system failure.
- Stakeholders can provide feedback on the design of an API before any code is written.
In conclusion, there is hope for the future of web development as a number of innovative new technologies are transforming how we create and design websites. The development of websites that are more interactive, personalized, and engaging for users is now achievable because of these technologies.
There are many exciting possibilities for web development in the future, and it will be interesting to see how these technologies continue to influence the sector in the years to come.