Swiss Scholarship: Considering the fact that people are beginning to discover the untapped educational potential in Switzerland, a lot of international students who want to study far away from their home country are coming to Switzerland.
Deciding to study in Switzerland is one thing; having the funds to study in Switzerland is another, and this is one of the many problems for international students coming to study in Switzerland. It is for this reason that the Swiss government created a scholarship body that is in charge of scholarship programs to aid international students financially.
Reading this article means that you’re looking forward to being awarded a scholarship that will enable you to study in Switzerland. Not to worry; this article will give you all the important information you need.
Types of Switzerland Scholarship
Switzerland scholarships for international students are specifically for Masters and Research (PhD. and Postdoctoral) students and are offered by the Swiss government through the Federal Commission for Scholarship for Foreign Students (FCS). The types of Swiss scholarships are:
- ART SCHOLARSHIPS
This type of Swiss scholarship is for applicants who are applying for a master’s degree to study arts and music in any art and design school as well as public music schools, and it is limited to a certain number of countries every year.
- RESEARCH SCHOLARSHIPS
This type of Swiss scholarship allows applicants to study in any field and can carry out research in any Cantonal Universities in Swiss, Universities of Applied Sciences, Research Institutes and two Federal Institutes of Technology.
The research scholarship is categorized into two. They are:
● PhD in all fields
This scholarship allows applicants who are applying for a PhD degree to study whichever field they want to. Based on the applicant’s academic development, the time duration for this scholarship is between 12 months to 36 months.
● Post Doctoral in all fields
Just like the “PhD in all fields” scholarship, this scholarship allows applicants to pursue their Post Doctoral degree in their chosen field. The time duration for this is 12 months.
The Swiss scholarship is offered yearly by the Swiss government through the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students. There are a lot of scholarship programs under the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students. Click this link to see some of them and make your choice.
Benefits of choosing a Switzerland Scholarship
Even though there are many benefits of choosing a Switzerland Scholarship depending on the scholarship program, the two most common benefits of choosing a Switzerland Scholarship are:
- A monthly stipend is given to the Masters’s PhD and Postdoctoral students and
- When applying for the scholarship, an application fee is not needed.
How to apply for a Switzerland Scholarship
These steps can be used to apply for various scholarship programs in Switzerland.
- As an applicant, you must provide a complete profile and a research project or artistic work especially if you’re applying for a research scholarship.
- You need to get a supervisor from the Swiss University you are attending and inform your supervisor of your desire to apply for a Switzerland scholarship.
- Your research work must be in line with your field of study.
- If you want to apply for the art scholarship, make sure your country is among the countries chosen for that year as the application is limited to a few countries.
- All the documents you will be asked to submit should be in English.
- Submit your application and wait for feedback. The deadline for application varies from one country to another.
Eligibility criteria and necessary documents for scholarship in Switzerland
These are the general criteria and documents you need to get a scholarship in Switzerland as an international student.
- As an international student, make sure you have your student visa.
- Make sure you have your acceptance letter from the Swiss University you are studying at or from the professor overseeing your research.
- Make sure you are below the age of 35.
- To increase your chance of being awarded the scholarship, it is in your best interest to see to it that you are fluent in French, German, Italian or English language.
- A letter or a statement of purpose.
- A letter of motivation.
- An updated CV. Elite digest offers the service of putting you through the process of writing a CV according to international standards. We can also help you write your CV too if it will be more convenient for you.
- For master’s degree applicants, you must have a bachelor’s degree that is equivalent to a Swiss bachelor’s degree.
- For PhD and Postdoctoral degrees, the applicants must have a master’s degree equivalent to a Swiss master’s degree
Getting a scholarship might be a difficult task but instead of letting go of your hopes and dreams to study in Switzerland because of lack of funds, you should consider applying for a Switzerland Scholarship and who knows, you just might be among the selected few that will be awarded the scholarship.
Elite digest is here to hold your hands and give you information that will make the process easy and smooth for you. Visit the website for more scholarship updates in Switzerland and other countries.