As a UX Designer at ID.me, you’ll play an instrumental role in crafting unparalleled digital experiences in a dynamic, fast-paced environment that encourages entrepreneurial thinking. You will be a meticulous designer who not only excels in creating captivating consumer products at a significant scale but also possesses an in-depth understanding of design, business, and technology concepts. Your unique ability to consider the broader picture without losing sight of the details sets you apart. A relentless advocate for outstanding design, you have a knack for fostering relationships and promoting collaboration across teams and stakeholders. Experience with design systems will be advantageous.
As a crucial part of our ID.me UX team, you will have the opportunity to work across various functions to conceptualize and actualize exceptional user experiences. Your ability to take divergent ideas and mold them into top-tier products will be instrumental in our success. Our ideal candidate champions a user-centered design approach, displaying a keen understanding of users’ goals, abilities, experiences, needs, and motivations. Balancing member needs with business objectives and technical capabilities will be key to your design approach. Your primary objective will be to conceive elegant, customer-centric designs that amplify the user experience, closely partnering with our business, product, and technology teams.
- Support the UX design team, engineers, and product managers to design compelling, elegant, and sophisticated end-to-end user experiences for multiple products and platforms.
- Work collaboratively in assessing and defining customer needs, validating user experience feedback.
- Develop innovative visual designs, screen layouts, navigation systems, interaction models, visual prototypes, user interface elements, typography, and color palettes.
- Build and present prototypes to test internally as well as through user research.
- Refine solutions in the face of data and other findings.
- Contribute to defining the ‘what’ as well as the ‘how’—not just translating requirements into designs but also offering possible additional interaction solutions.
- Be an evangelist for UX best practices and design excellence.
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging design principles and best practices in visual design, user interface design, interaction design, information architecture, usability theory, and evaluation techniques.
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and coherence across the products and platforms.
- Give and receive design feedback with fellow teammates.
- A Bachelor’s degree in UX design, interaction design, human-computer interaction, or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in UX Design or a related field.
- An exceptional portfolio of creative product design that showcases complex and creative visual design and UX solutions, and solid information architecture.
- Expert knowledge in graphic and visual design principles, with a strong emphasis on UI and UX.
- A passion for design and continual improvement.
- Experience creating UX designs with the flexibility and willingness to move from idea to execution quickly.
- Openness to receiving feedback and have your opinions be challenged.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills—you can tell compelling stories about your designs and present your work regardless of the audience (e.g., engineers, PMs, executives, other designers, etc.).
- Ability to prioritize projects, communicate progress, and deliver on time.
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving and constantly evolving high growth environment.
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Demonstrated ability to strategically analyze and translate data into effective design recommendations.
- Hands-on experience with designing and prototyping in tools like Figma.
- Deep-seated dedication to creating high-quality products.
- The ability to adapt and thrive amid changing priorities and demands.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a proven ability to work effectively within a team and independently.
- Experience designing both web & native mobile applications (iOS, Android)
Note that candidates must be located in the continental U.S.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.