Sr. Software Engineer – Full Stack
Software Engineer – Full Stack
Our Engineering team stays close to our customers, building the tools to deliver on our promise to make running their business easier. We make decisions fast, and priorities change as we adapt to the needs of our industry so we welcome folks that relish in the challenges of pace. We believe in quick iteration and in the moment feedback, so we can work collectively to build the best team and product.
We are actively hiring for multiple roles within our Backend teams with projects ranging from large scale feature development to backend systems engineering and customer focused problem solving.
In this role, you will
- Design, implement and maintain engineering solutions to solve business problems in our core web application; write testable code
- Promote and exemplify engineering and software design principles
- Mentor other engineers across the engineering team
- Document software functionality, system design and project plans
- Lead individual projects
- Focus on solving problems from both the customer facing and backend perspectives
- Gain a deep understanding of our product and become involved in driving out product implementation
- Join a rapidly growing technical team with the opportunity to take on both product and technical problems
If you’re right for this role, you
- Have 4+ years working as a professional software engineer
- (Preferred) In-depth knowledge of the modern PHP ecosystem
- Have 4+ years professional experience with at least one web application framework (e.g. Laravel, Rails, Django, ASP.NET Core, Spring MVC)
- (Preferred) Familiarity with Laravel framework internals
- Have a strong understanding of core computer science principles
- Have very strong backend systems experience and web application development experience
- Experience working on a high scale or rapidly growing web application
- Are comfortable in a fast paced, pragmatic work environment
- Comfortable working with front end components
- Experience working in a remote team
Base Comp Range: $140,000 – $160,000 (Depending on experience and level) / Bonus Potential
Competitive Compensation: We want every team member to be rewarded for their value and feel secure in their financial wellness. We conduct market analysis to ensure fairness and continued growth. We also offer bonus opportunities to reward folks for their contributions to our collective success when our company does well.
Vacation, Holidays, & Sick Time: Designed to give you flexibility and balance, we offer full time, exempt employees unlimited vacation policy. We observe 9 annual holidays along with an end-of-year, weeklong winter break, and a sick time policy.
100% Match 401k: We encourage investing in your financial security by matching contributions dollar-for-dollar for up to 3% of your annual salary, vested immediately. Option to enroll as soon as you join the team.
Health, Dental, and Vision: We offer 100% employer-paid health (Cigna), vision (Principal), and dental (Principal) insurance. With extensive provider networks and plan options for different coverage needs, our team is well taken care of!
Unlimited Virtual Care through First Stop Health: Coverage offers a range of support, from medical to mental health needs.
Paid Parental Leave: When you welcome a new child to the home (by birth or adoption) we support up to 12 weeks leave for primary caregivers and 4 weeks for secondary caregivers to bond with their child without worrying about financial stability.
$1200 Work Well Allowance: We provide the essentials, but to ensure you have a comfortable, productive workspace each full-time employee gets a $1,200 annual allowance for expenses like coffee, internet, and co-working fees.
$500 Be Well Allowance: Everyone invests in their mind and body differently, so we provide a $500 annual allowance to spend on your wellness needs as you choose (think: new running shoes, gym membership, mental health, etc.).
We’re building a community, our chosen circle, around a set of values that guide how we work and interact with the world around us. Our cultural norms at work can’t be turned off when the computer’s away — we live these in every part of our lives. Our team isn’t for everyone, so if you’re right for it, the following values should resonate strongly with how you live your life.
“Don’t Be An Asshole”: We’re intolerant to bad vibes, and genuinely love where we work (and want to keep it that way). We choose our fam by looking beyond a skillset – because roles can change – and surround ourselves with folks we want to spend our lives with.
“We Really Like Smart People”: We aim high and hire smart people to get there — folks that use logic and critical thinking to make the best decisions. We look beyond the problem and quickly build context to come to the right solution; our ever-changing and high-pace environment requires a team of great autonomous thinkers.
“Got It”: When we say “got it,” our team knows we’re owning it, we’re following through, and we’ll deliver beyond expectations. Put the effort into figuring things out yourself (hey, we’re all busy), and actively collaborate if you haven’t Got it; ownership also means knowing when to seek help and to never suffer in silence.
“We Work To Win”: We’re a rare team of folks that genuinely love to work hard because we know that putting in the effort gets the win — we’re the people that started our careers at the lemonade stand. Not at all costs, but we give it our all because our customers are hustling to grow their businesses, and the hustle’s more fun when we’re winning together.
“Unrelenting Feedback”: We collaborate for more than the high-fives (although they’re pretty great), and our team thrives on timely and direct feedback. There’s no hesitation in being direct; since we’re surrounded by smart people, we embrace thoughtful and challenging perspectives.
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.