We are a design team of 4 designers, working fully remote and spread across Europe, North Africa, and the US. Each designer works closely with a dedicated Product Manager and engineering team on a specific area of our product.
To be successful in this role you’ll need strong analytical and collaboration skills, the ability to work highly self-directed in a remote and distributed environment, and a strong understanding of UX best practices to ensure we are building the right solution to the right problems.
What you’ll do
- Work across the full product design life cycle from discovery to delivery
- Collaborate closely with your product manager in discovering, defining and developing both big and small product features
- Collaborate with engineers and other designers, as well as product marketing and customer advocacy in iteratively delivering product improvements to our customers
- Cover both interaction/UX and visual/UI design, as well as related activities like research and customer interviews
- Be the voice of our customers and advocate for their needs and abilities.
- Actively contribute to ongoing improvements of the design teams processes, culture, and tools, including our design system.
Desired skills and experience
- General: At least 4 years of experience as a product designer, covering the full end-to-end product design life cycle from early problem exploration and definition, over detailed UX and visual design, to collaboration with developers during implementation.
- Process: Strong understanding of UX and UI design, processes, patterns, and best practices
- Problem solving: Effective approaches to solving complex problems, incorporating data and feedback from multiple sources. Ability to generate multiple solutions with a clear understanding of their impacts.
- Interaction design: Ability to design intuitive, effective and consistent flows and screen
- Visual design: Ability to design visually engaging and delightful interfaces
- Technical: Solid understanding of possibilities and constrains of web platforms and relevant design patterns
- Collaboration: Ability to work within a larger team and across disciplines, locations and time zones
- Communication: Ability to effectively express yourself concise and clearly in talking, writing and visually, to a variety of audiences and stakeholders
- Business: Ability to understand larger business goals and strategy, and to develop matching design solutions
- Work standards: High standards for your work, attention to details, and an ongoing desire to learn and improve
- Other: A strong portfolio showcasing your previous work including starting points, process, end results, and impacts.
- Fun fact: We use Figma and FigJam at Buffer.
Where you’ll work
Buffer is a fully distributed remote team, which means we’re spread across the planet. We have Bufferoos in 22 countries and 58 cities around the world that help us build a great culture and product. You can work wherever in the world you’re happiest and most productive.
What we value
Transparency, gratitude, and improving consistently are just a few of the values that contribute to Buffer’s culture of optimism, empathy, and results.
We are looking for a person who understands this culture and will thrive within a team of people passionate about self-improvement, honesty and openness.
Perks and Benefits
Competitive salary: Our salary formula adjusts to your cost of living and experience. For this role, the range is $140K – 172K USD.
Work remotely: Live and work wherever you like!
4-Day workweeks: Our schedule is four workdays, with a flexible, meeting-free fifth day for overflow tasks or personal time as you see fit.
Health insurance: We offer health insurance for all of our team members, international or US.
Home office setup: Get a laptop + $1000 to set up your home office!
‘Growth mindset’ fund: Extra money for learning and development.
Minimum vacation: At least 3 weeks/year!
Savings plan match: With 3% company match
Profit sharing: When the company does well, all team members share the profits!
Family leave: 16 weeks of family leave for all parents, fully paid
Free books: Get a free Kindle and all the free books – digital, physical, and audio – you like, anytime.
Sabbaticals: Take a 6-week break, fully paid, after every 5 years with Buffer.
To apply for this job please visit buffer1.homerun.co.