VetsEZ is seeking a Senior Oracle DBA to join our remote team. The senior level oracle DBA shall provide day-to-day management of all Oracle database environments including support for developers, end user community and database security. They will also provide Oracle support that involves the design, implementation, and ability to manage a multitier enterprise database infrastructure.
The candidate must reside within the continental US.
- Provides all activities related to the administration of computerized databases.
- Able to communicate with management, technicians, and end-users to evaluate the need prior to development of an automated solution.
- Prepares detailed reports which might include system requirements such as concurrent usage factors, data storage requirements, response rates, and discuss procedures for processing data using data base management systems (DBMS) including relational data bases.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Designs, creates, and maintains enterprise databases.
- Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in an enterprise environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data.
- Advises users on access to various enterprise databases.
- Designs, implements, and maintains complex databases with respect to access methods, access time, device allocation, validation checks, organization, protection and security, documentation, and statistical methods.
- Applies knowledge and experience with database technologies, development methodologies, database support of web applications.
- Performs database programming and supports systems design.
- Includes maintenance of database dictionaries, overall monitoring of standards and procedures, file design and storage, and integration of systems through database design.
- Evaluates database design tradeoffs, impacts on user expectations, performance levels, and space allocation requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or technical related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- 5 plus years of experience required.
- Ability to obtain a government clearance.
- 401k with Employer Match
- Corporate Laptop
- PTO + Federal Holidays
- Training opportunities
- Remote work options
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Sorry, we are unable to offer sponsorship currently.
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.