At Earnest, we believe in a world where paying for your education takes less time than earning your degree. Join us on our mission to empower anyone seeking higher education to reduce the total price tag of their degree, supercharge their ability to pay down student debt, and get on the right financial track fast.
A little background on Earnest: We’re a remote first FinTech company with an accomplished team who believe consumer lending can be radically improved and are doing something about it. We are disrupting the trillion dollar student loan industry by redefining what it means to be creditworthy. We created a company that combines data science, streamlined design, and technology to:
- Build products that simplify the lending process
- Personalize loans to suit the needs of our customers
- Engage with our customers through more human experiences
What makes an “Earnie” culture:
Earnies define our culture as:
- Earn Happy Customers
- Our success comes from anticipating their needs and providing the solutions they’re looking for.
- Better is Better
- The path to great means getting better every day. We push ourselves, and each other, to remain curious and think differently.
- PhD in Moving Fast
- Our customers are tired of long wait times and large student loan bills so we constantly seek out ways to deliver faster.
- Passion for Challenges
- Perseverance and optimism are just the start to take on the inertia of a national trillion-dollar problem.
- Impact is a Team Sport
- We maximize our impact when we act as one team.
Our Earnie’s are fun, innovative, and willing to roll up their sleeves to help their team succeed in a fast-paced environment. If this sounds like you, and you want to join us on our mission to radically disrupt a trillion dollar fintech industry, keep reading to find out how.
What you will do:
As a Sr Technical Program Manager, you will report to the Director of PMO and:
- Create Program Plan that is aligned to company OKRs and built off of data coming from product roadmaps, jira, and any other sources where there are dates/milestones
- Track program status, resolve impediments, manage risks and issues, and assist with backlog creation
- Collaborate with Program Sponsor to ensure sound decision making and goal setting
- Conduct post-program reviews to identify areas for improvement and facilitate productive meetings
- Manage outside vendor contracts and assure consistent application of enterprise project and program management standards
- Typically work on programs with team sizes of 10 to 30, multiple business stakeholders, and significant new technologies or delivery approaches
- Minimum of 7 years professional experience and 5 years managing mid to large-size projects
- Strong analytical and change management skills, as well as mastery of project management methodologies
- Excellent communication, time management, and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to build constructive relationships with team members and stakeholders, negotiate and gain commitment, and practice empathy
Success in this role looks like:
- 30 Days: SME in area managing, working draft of risks, program status report and project plan
- 60 Days: Lead in Program Area, point person for cross-team dependencies, reports and dashboards
- 90 Days: Supporting PMO initiatives and have a working Program Plan that has been socialized with stakeholders as well as driving forward on the Program goals
Earnest believes in enabling our employees to live their best lives. We offer a variety of perks and competitive benefits that include:
- Health, Dental, & Vision benefits plus savings plans
- Work anywhere in the U.S.
- Mac computers + work from home stipend to set up your home office
- Monthly internet and phone reimbursement
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) plan to help you save for retirement plus a company match
- Robust tuition reimbursement program
- $1,000 travel perk on each Earnie-versary to anywhere in the world
- Competitive days of annual PTO
- Annual “my day”
- Pet insurance!
- Competitive parental leave
- Plenty of Earnest swag, optional in person team gatherings, picnics, celebrations, and plenty of fun virtual events
At Earnest, we are committed to building an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging enables us to move forward with our mission. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team and encourage anyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Earnest provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.