We are CyberFortress – The Recovery People
CyberFortress is a global technology specialist that makes it simple for customers to fully backup and rapidly recover all lost, or stolen data to prevent damage and disruption, for organizations of all sizes. Data is stored in secure, geo-redundant facilities, and our suite of solutions enables our data recovery specialists to create a custom, comprehensive solution for each customer. Whenever a customer needs data recovery, they receive live, personalized support from a credentialed specialist, every hour and every day of the year. For more information visit our website: https://www.cyberfortress.com.
CyberFortress is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, United States.
About the Role:
This is a work from home position, with the option to work from a Company office, where available. In support of our 24x7x365 operations, the regular schedule for this role is Monday through Friday from 0800 to 1700 GMT (0200 to 1100 U.S. Central Time).
As a Senior Systems Engineer at CyberFortress, you will be working as a valuable member of a highly experienced team of engineers that love to work with each other. Your duties will include both long-term projects and day to day tasks. In a senior role we expect engineers to manage their own long-term projects, communicate effectively, and collaborate with other departments as a technical expert.
- Design, build, and install the data center systems for the CyberFortress Backup and Recovery Platform
- Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot issues in production environments of 1000+ systems in a multi-platform operating environment
- Manage inventory and maintenance agreements for both hardware and software systems
- Create and maintain published documentation such as operations manuals, rack diagrams and photos, floorplans, and contact information
- Using and improving automated deployment tools for updates and upgrades, including developing new deployment tools where there are currently gaps in automation capabilities
- Ownership of complex platform escalations from Technical Support for time sensitive customer issues
- Participate in a 24×7 support and on-call rotation and perform maintenance activities outside of normal scheduled work hours
- Take initiative and work independently once general direction is given
- Advance skills for computer operating system administration (Windows, Linux)
- A comprehensive understanding of VMware, and other virtualization technologies
- A deep understanding of SAN and NAS devices from industry leading vendors
- An expert level understanding of VLANs, IP Subnets, and firewall security policies
- An ability to provision and administer backup and recovery software for a multi-tenant environment
- An ability to coordinate maintenance, including hardware repair and replacement, for server, networking, storage, and other systems supporting our data centers globally
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting routing and switching within a multi-datacenter architecture
- Familiarity with SQL related issues (queries, stored procedures, health monitoring)
- Ability to create professional documentation, status reports, policies, procedures and reports
- Solid technical fundamentals including a good understanding of TCP/IP, OSI model, etc.
- Demonstrated project management skills with the ability and desire to work in an agile environment
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills are required
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience required
- 7+ years’ experience working on a DevOps/System Administration team
- 5+ years hands-on system configuration experience in a multi-platform environment
- 2+ years of Systems Engineering experience
- Experience working in a multi data center environment
- Experience with next generation firewalls from industry leading vendors
- Experience with managed switches from industry leading vendors
- Experience with security systems including identity and access management tools
- Experience implementing and managing application monitoring solutions
- Experience in scripting languages and frameworks to create automations
CyberFortress Core Values:
Our core values aren’t just words on a page. They form the foundation of how we operate as individuals and a company.
- People First: We provide the opportunity for everyone to do meaningful work with people they love to work with.
- Humble and Driven to Results: We “roll up our sleeves” and are willing to pitch in when and where it is needed.
- Why and What’s Next: We let curiosity continue to ask the next question until we have a clear picture of a great outcome.
- Act on the Truth: We speak up, get to the facts of the situation, and make the hard decisions in a healthy way.
Our Commitment to a Total Rewards Package:
All work and no play is no way to live. At CyberFortress, we believe in fair pay and fair play. That means we pay competitive salaries and make sure that everyone has plenty of time for life, family and friends outside of the office.
- Competitive data driven salary
- Company paid benefits such as Healthcare, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life
- Generous 401k matching
- Pick your own equipment. You’ll get a budget to spend on whatever laptop, monitor, and office equipment you desire
- Paid time off
- Volunteer time off
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.