Chronograph was founded to bring next-generation technology to private capital markets. Through our suite of cloud-based analytics and data management solutions, we help many of the world’s largest and most sophisticated venture capital, private equity, and credit funds understand their investment performance in unprecedented detail.
At Chronograph, we get to go “behind the scenes” and work directly with investors who are driving some of the most impactful changes across high growth start-ups, global infrastructure & renewable energy, growth equity, and all other private capital strategies.
Currently, $19.4 trillion of total assets are managed via Chronograph’s solution suite. The firm is backed by Nasdaq, Inc. and The Carlyle Group and has seen continuous rapid growth since its founding in 2016.
Bring your expertise to a highly collaborative, creative, and innovative team with a market-leading technology product suite. Our engineers execute across the stack, although we are always seeking to provide opportunities that take advantage of individual interests and natural strengths. The thread that unites all engineers at Chronograph is a focus on delivering great products that drive value for our clients.
For this role, we are seeking a colleague with familiarity across the modern stack. We hire engineers with a broad set of technical skills, who are highly cross-functional and eager to solve a wide range of engineering challenges. Here, we are looking for someone who both understands the front-end soup to nuts (React / Redux / GraphQL / Typescript / etc.) and is comfortable implementing scalable patterns on the back-end.
Our ideal candidate has a strong sense of ownership and enjoys owning projects from inception to testing to scaling in production. We value people who take pride in their work and show an aptitude for learning quickly whether they’re familiar with our stack or not. You’ll be working with a nimble team of committed and talented engineers with an engineering culture centered on continuous learning, collaborative knowledge sharing, and both personal and team development.
As a Senior Software Engineer focused on the full stack at Chronograph, you will:
- Architect and build performant and scalable features and services
- Work with product team members to implement first-class user experiences
- Identify opportunities for adopting new technologies and patterns
- Design robust, performant, extensible, and secure data structures and APIs
- Develop deep understanding of client use cases to deliver creative and thoughtful solutions
- Collaborate closely across the organization to build and refine processes to ensure efficient growth into the future
- Help continue to build a world-class Engineering team, shaping both technical direction and team composition as we scale
- Help attract, interview, onboard, and mentor your future team members during this exciting time of growth
You will be successful in this role if you have:
- (Minimum) Four (4) years of professional development experience
- A passion for maintainable, readable, stable, secure, and scalable code
- Proven experience architecting and developing SaaS applications; extra points for finance-oriented or enterprise solutions
- Substantial experience with our tech stack which includes but is not limited to React, Redux, GraphQL, Apollo, Rails, PostgreSQL, Serverless, Sass
- Solid experience with relational database utilization
- Interest in progressive architecture patterns, including microservices, event-driven applications, and distributed systems
- Experience with testing frameworks
- Strong communication skills; able to help others on the team quickly understand technical issues
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively to deliver results in a fast-paced startup environment
- Positive attitude, sense of humor and creativity
- Strong analytical, project leadership and communication skills
Even if you don’t meet every criteria, we’d still encourage you to apply! We are growing rapidly and have a variety of needs across multiple roles and focus areas.
Why join Chronograph?
We’re a team that values creativity, open communication, cutting edge technology, striving for excellence in all things – and having fun along the way. We want you to be happy for the long-term.
- Flexible work arrangements (including remote / in person / hybrid)
- Competitive salary
- Attractive equity participation
- Unlimited and flexible vacation
- Generous health benefits
- Fully-paid parental leave
- …and more!
Salary Range: $150,000 – $170,000 USD (dependent on experience)
Chronograph is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive organization and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.