There are 2 actors on a network, people and machines. Just as usernames and passwords are used by people to access machines, machine identities are used by machines to identify and access each other. Venafi is the inventor of the technology that manages and protects machine identities, the most important security initiative in our Global 5000 customers. We are Warriors!
Are you passionate about making a positive impact and protecting the world from cybercriminals? If so, you may be a natural Venafi Warrior!
How you’ll be protecting the world:
The Production Engineering team is responsible for building and operating the Venafi as a Service cloud platform. This platform is used by the world’s largest organizations to protect & manage TLS machine identities, SSH machine identities & code signing identities. As a production engineer at Venafi, you will:
- Design, build and operate the Cloud Infrastructure platform for Venafi as a Service
- Create the foundation for a fast and secure CI/CD pipeline.
- Collaborate with teams across the entire organization.
The ideal Venafi Warrior will be armed with:
- 3+ years of relevant work experience as a DevOps/Production Engineer or similar software engineering experience
- Experience building infrastructure with AWS or Azure, or GCP
- Experience designing, implementing, and managing Kubernetes (EKS or AKS, or GKE)
- Proficient at git and git workflows
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines at scale.
- Experience with shell scripting and programming languages such as Python and Go
- Experience in 24×7 production environments.
- Basic system and network troubleshooting
What sets you apart?
- Create solutions that support DevOps practices for the delivery and operations of services.
- Adapting to rapid changes in Cloud with the ability to learn very quickly.
- Security oriented mindset
- AWS, Azure and/or Kubernetes certifications
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
While you are busy protecting the world, we’ve got you covered!
In addition to fostering a work environment with strong work from anywhere ethic, Venafi offers a benefits package that is in the top 1%. We provide employer-subsidized premiums for both team members and their families. That includes health, dental, and vision insurance. We offer a flexible time off policy, observe 14 holidays, and offer four “pick your own community service day.” We also offer 401(k) and company matching, company HSA contribution, 2x salary employer-paid life insurance, and parental leave. We even offer pet insurance!
More About Venafi:
Venafi is the undisputed leader in Machine Identity Management. Why? Because we created the category and are light years ahead of anyone that would consider competing! Gartner has recognized Venafi as number one in our space and as it turns out, one is NOT the loneliest number!
Venafi is the inventor of the technology that secures and protects machine identities. The Venafi platform provides visibility, intelligence, and automation for SSL/TLS, IoT, mobile, cloud native, Kubernetes, and SSH machine identity types. Many of the largest organizations in the world use Venafi.
Billions of dollars have been spent protecting usernames and passwords and almost nothing managing machine identities—organizations are just now realizing that managing and protecting machine identities is as important as managing usernames and passwords. The bad guys know this and are using stolen or forged machine identities in their cyberattacks. In fact, Gartner says 50% of network attacks will use machine identities.
Come help us protect the world!
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.