Senior Lighting Artist
FULL-TIME | BC or Alberta
Humanoid Studios is a new videogame company founded on the axiom that creative freedom and independence lead to better, more innovative games. We believe in the power of small, agile teams, and a flat organizational structure, where everyone is empowered to make decisions and help drive the project vision.
We are a Canadian company with offices in Kelowna, BC, and Edmonton, AB. We offer a flexible work environment combining from-home, in-office, and remote work – as well as industry-leading compensation and benefits. By joining Humanoid, you will be welcomed into a diverse team of talented developers creating an immersive new universe of story, character, and discovery.
As a Senior Lighting Artist at Humanoid, you will work closely with the environment art, cinematic, and level design teams to make our worlds look amazing. Initial work will be in support of pre-production and lighting exploration. Later you will move on to producing lighting for the game at final quality.
As part of our flexible location model, this role can be fully work-from-home, or per your preference, can transition to partially or mostly in-office either in B.C. or Alberta.
- Work with the Art Director, Cinematic Director, and CG Supervisor to create a fully realized, stunningly beautiful, cinematographically driven game presentation.
- Support and propel the desired mood and atmosphere of the game through creative interpretation of concept art and pushing the limits of Unreal Engine 5.
- Work closely with VFX Artists, Technical Artists, and production artists to ensure world-class quality lighting in levels and cinematics.
- Foster a strong, creative, and caring team culture.
- Research and incorporate new and innovative technologies to improve visuals, pipelines, and processes.
- Collaborate with other team members to ensure lighting is integrated seamlessly with other facets of the game.
- 5+ years’ experience with multiple completed professional projects as a Lighting Artist.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your ability to create high-quality scenes and visually engaging gameplay spaces.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management skills.
- Deep, demonstrable understanding of lighting, composition, and modern-day rendering techniques within Unreal Engine 5.
- An ability balance creative and technical aspects of lighting including sky spheres, blueprints, post process volumes, materials, exposure, real-time GI (such as Lumen), and raytracing.
- Experience providing timely, concise, and constructive artistic and technical feedback to internal, outsourcing, and co-development teams.
- A discerning eye for detail, and ability to optimize the overall render quality of complex scenes to be both awe-inspiring and performant.
- Self-motivated, with proactive communication skills and the ability to collaborate well with team members of all development disciplines.
- A passion for utilizing art as a storytelling medium to build compelling worlds.
- Prior experience with cinematography, shader editors, or real time VFX is a plus.
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.