Clockwork Labs is seeking a creative and experienced Game Designer to join our team and help us bring BitCraft Online to life!
BitCraft is a MMO Sandbox game which puts the focus on crafting, building, and collaborating with other players through economies, instead of combat.
Moment to moment gameplay plays like a sandbox survival crafting game, but there is deep character progression like a traditional MMO. Its massively online nature also brings in similar large scale social gameplay, with a level of player agency rarely seen: every town and everything in it is player made and player run, player can shape and develop the world to suit them, player orchestrated trade and social politics will be key for organization.
As a Game Designer for BitCraft Online, you will help shape a fun and immersive gaming experience that our player community will love.
- Work closely with the development team to design and implement game mechanics, systems, and content for long term player enjoyment.
- Develop and balance player progression in skills and abilities ensuring a fun and engaging gameplay experience.
- Collaborate with cross discipline team members to create a cohesive and immersive world for players to explore.
- Actively encourage design feedback from internal and external sources. Analyze, investigate, and validate new ideas and opportunities wherever they may come from.
- Analyze player feedback and data to improve existing systems and features, and develop new content and features to keep players engaged.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends and best practices and share learning experiences that bring new ideas and concepts to the team.
- Minimum 5 years game design experience
- Demonstrable deep understanding of gameplay mechanics and player motivation in Survival, Crafting, Sim, MMO, and/or Sandbox games.
- Keen to work on a small agile team that allows for greater responsibility and ownership
- Ability to interpret player metrics and use them to prioritize design and development
- Proficient in efficiently manipulating spreadsheet data to establish and balance content
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively in a remote global team environment.
As a plus:
- Worked on and ideally shipped an MMO sandbox title
- Technical background in programming or scripting
- Experience with Unity
- Photoshop or other image editing experience/portfolio
- Knowledge of UX Design.
Clockwork Laboratories is a fully remote team. We meet daily so successful applicants will ideally be located within a UTC +2 to UTC -7 timezone.
Our goal is to provide fair and equitable compensation based on market location as well as an individual candidate’s specific qualifications for an open role. Offers may be adjusted based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations.
The base pay range offered at the start of employment for a mid-senior level applicant residing in the United States is expected to be in between $70,000 and $160,000 USD per year depending on the factors above. Offers for applicants from other countries will be based on their regional norms and the requirements of each location.
Subject to the same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include equity awards, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if a candidate receives an offer of employment.
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.