At eyeo, we transform the internet into a trusted, safe and accessible place where users regain control over their experience, content creators and publishers are rewarded for their content, and advertisers and consumers can connect on mutually agreed terms.
eyeo’s market-leading ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus and AdBlock as well as technical integrations for popular browsers. Our solutions empower users to control their online experience and privacy, while providing monetization for content creators, publishers and advertisers.
In combining our partnerships and our subsidiary products, our technology reaches 250 million monthly active users worldwide.
eyeo is a global employer of over 300 people working remotely in more than 30 countries with offices in Cologne, Berlin, Toronto and Malmö.
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We love our diversity and our company culture. We practice an agile, remote workstyle with work distributed in cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously. If working remotely isn’t for you, we also have two offices (Cologne and Berlin) that you can choose to work from. Twice a year we come together with our teams for Team Days and once a year we offer an offsite company retreat, Summer Week. By offering remote work and in-person sessions, we have built a hybrid culture that provides a unique dynamic of flexibility and belonging.
As a DevOps engineer you will be part of a small team of engineers that run the development, test, and production infrastructure at eyeo. The team is quite diverse and they value transparency, honesty and fairness. They work closely with the other Infrastructure and Platforms engineering teams, setting up their own processes and avoiding bureaucracy.
- Work towards providing “self-serve” production capabilities for developers.
- Maintain, extend and evolve our DevOps platforms to support stakeholders needs
- Automate provisioning and similar processes related to a variety of technical team work
- Continuously improve code, processes and service quality through reviews, pair programming, backlog triage etc
- Monitor production infrastructure, mitigate incidents
- Solid interpersonal skills and a desire to improve the developer experience
- Comfort in using Debian/Ubuntu Linux for administration or development
- Extensive experience with at least one infrastructure-as-code tool stack like Ansible and Terraform
- Experience with Unix shell and a programming language such as Python or Go
- Solid experience in software engineering, preferably having built/patched and maintained software using open-source methods
- Solid experience with cloud computing and deployments
- Very good English, especially in writing
- Experience in remote-first work environments
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated
- Within CET±1 hours or willing to relocate into CET±1 hours
- Cloud platforms such as GCP, AWS or similar
- Automating work with numerous cloud servers
- Code maintenance and instrumentation
- Deep understanding on how the web protocols work
- Efficiently working remotely with internal stakeholders
- Comfortable with major technical responsibility
- Performance and optimization skills
- Experience interacting with IaaS/SaaS/PaaS APIs
- Work remotely or from one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Budget for the following: home office and/or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation + Volunteer day
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly child care allowance for children under 6
- Offsite team days and the annual summer company retreat
- Company-sponsored hackathons
- Monetization: https://eyeo.com/blog/acceptable-ads-evolution-feature-ecosystem
- eyeo in the news: https://eyeo.com/press/
- Blog updates: https://eyeo.com/blog/
- Life at eyeo: https://eyeo.com/careers/working-at-eyeo
- The team at eyeo: https://eyeo.com/team
- Open Source repository: https://github.com/adblockplus, https://gitlab.com/eyeo
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.