AssemblyAI is a remote-first AI company building powerful deep learning models for developers, startups, and enterprises to transcribe and understand their audio data.
Our Automated Speech Recognition (ASR) models already outperform companies like Google, AWS, and Microsoft – which is why hundreds of companies and thousands of developers are using our APIs to transcribe and understand millions of videos, podcasts, phone calls, and zoom meetings every day. Our APIs power innovative products like conversational intelligence platforms, zoom meeting summarizers, content moderation, and automatic closed captioning.
AssemblyAI’s Speech-to-Text APIs are already trusted by Fortune 500s, startups, and thousands of developers around the world, with well-known customers including Spotify, Algolia, Dow Jones, Happy Scribe, BBC, The Wall Street Journal, and NBCUniversal. As part of a huge and emerging market, AssemblyAI is well on its way to becoming the leader in speech recognition and NLP.
We’re growing at breakneck speed, and recently announced our Series B round. We’ve raised $63M in total funding, and are backed by leading investors including Insight Partners, Accel, Y Combinator, Patrick and John Collision (Founders of Stripe), Nat Friedman (Former CEO of GitHub), and Daniel Gross (Entrepreneur & Investor in companies including GitHub, Uber & SpaceX)!
Our ambition is to build an iconic AI company, making advanced deep learning technology accessible to everyday developers through a simple API, good docs, and a great developer experience.
Join our world-class, remote team and help us build an iconic deep learning company!
AssemblyAI is growing quickly, and we’re searching for a driven and dedicated Senior DevOps Engineer to work on our multi-functional team. With significant investment and strong leadership to fuel our growth, it’s the perfect time to join the AssemblyAI team.
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Ensure AssemblyAI’s Cloud Infrastructure Serves Our Team’s Critical Goals. Your primary focus will ensure our cloud infrastructure serves our critical team goals such as security, reliability, scalability, performance, and profitability.
- Help Lead AssemblyAI’s Infrastructure Efforts. As part of the team, you will help lead AssemblyAI’s efforts to architect, design, implement and test new infrastructure for our CI pipelines and production monitoring systems which will help our team ship and support high-quality software quickly and reliably.
- Enable Internal Teams to Achieve Key Business Initiatives. You will work closely with software engineers, customer support, go-to-market, and product managers to provide DevOps support and expertise for key initiatives. You will serve as a subject matter expert to internal teams to ensure that the deployment, management, and introspection tooling for our infrastructure is automated, secure, and appropriately abstracted so it’s easy for our developers to use and maintain.
- 5+ years of experience setting up, maintaining, and monitoring production infrastructure in a DevOps (or similar) role with a focus on optimizing infrastructure for cost efficiency and right-sizing
- 4+ years of experience with GCP (general knowledge, monitoring, security/compliance)
- 2+ years experience setting up, managing, and scaling up multi-cloud Kubernetes (K8s) clusters)
- Containers: Experience working with containers and container orchestration such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Networking expert: Strong experience architecting, building, and orchestrating hybrid cloud, multi-cloud, and on-premise infrastructure
- Scalable cross-cloud infrastructure: Proven experience managing cross-cloud infrastructure including GCP at scale that leverages VMs, Databases, Queues
- Infrastructure-as-Code (IAC) and configuration management: Proven experience using Terraform for managing and provisioning infrastructure resources in an automated and programmatic manner
- Experience working with monitoring tools (Datadog, GCP Monitoring Tools, Combined Tool)
- Multi-environment account infrastructure management including individual sandbox development, staging, canary and production
- B.S. in computer science or related field
- Experience working with Ansible
- Experience working with Go
- A solid understanding of CI/CD, logging, and monitoring
- Masters degree in computer science or related field
- You have an ownership mindset
- You write detailed documentation around operational processes
- You have previously worked at startups and have helped determine the best practices and direction for DevOps
- Detail-oriented, analytical, and creative problem solver with a passion for quality processes
- Ability to triage problems, prioritize accordingly, and propose a resolution
- Ability to work independently, raise issues and take corrective action
- A keen eye for detail
Our team is made up of problem solvers, innovators and top AI researchers with over 20+ years of experience in Machine Learning, NLP, and Speech Recognition from companies like DeepMind, Google Brain, Meta, Apple and Amazon. They conduct cutting edge deep learning research and develop novel algorithms & techniques to continually push the state of the art in speech recognition & NLP!
Our team is fully remote, and our culture is super collaborative, low-ego, transparent, and fast-paced. We want to win – and have a flat organization where everyone can openly share ideas (regardless of their title or position) in order to get the best idea.
As a remote company, our team members are given a lot of trust and autonomy to work where and how they want. We look for people to join our team who are ambitious, curious, and self-motivated, and we put a lot of trust and autonomy into everyone on our team. We want to empower everyone to do their best work with whatever tools, structures, or resources they need to perform at their highest potential.
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- 100% Remote team
- Unlimited PTO
- $1K budget for your home office setup
- New Macbook Pro (or PC if you prefer)
- 1x/year company paid team retreat
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.