WalletConnect is the open-source web3 standard to connect blockchain wallets to dapps. Any wallet, any dapp, any chain. Starting in 2018, our mission is to make web3 accessible to everyone. Every month, millions of people use WalletConnect in thousands of integrations. We raised ~$25M from venture investors including 1kx and Coinbase as well as from customers such as Shopify and Circle. We are growing fast both in terms of features and users.
To learn more about our plans for 2.0, take a look at our presentation at EthCC. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cBIw7lFNnU
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join our Cloud team which is responsible for the entire backend at WalletConnect. As a member of the Cloud team you will deliver new software in Rust, Typescript, and Go and deploy it to AWS, CloudFlare, GCP, and others. You will instrument and operate the software using Prometheus, Grafana, and Opsgenie. You, in tandem with your teammates, will be in charge of maintaining the system. You will write proposals for new features, apps, and bug fixes and when present those proposals to your team mates, across teams, or the entire company depending on the scope.
Some of the software is or will be decentralized.
- Conceptualize new features and share your ideas concisely in written form and collect peer feedback
- Write new and improve existing software/services in Rust
- Build and deploy infrastructure using Terraform/AWS/Grafana/Opsgenie/Prometheus
- Plan and implement metrics/monitors and operate the Cloud team’s services
- Experience in Rust is a must, TypeScript/Go/Python experience is a plus
- Strong networking skills
- Strong AWS (or other cloud provider) experience and Terraform/CDK/equivalent is a plus
- Experience in monitoring: Grafana, Prometheus, Loki, Datadog, CloudWatch, or other
- SQL skills (PostgreSQL preferred)
- Solid Linux and networking skills
- Demonstrated experience with managing production services
- Experience in decentralized systems and libraries e.g. libp2p is a plus
- Fully remote position with flexible timezone
- Competitive salary
- Company equity
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.