McFadyen Digital is the leading advisor and implementer of eCommerce Marketplace solutions. During 15 years of implementing marketplaces, we’ve built dozens of platforms that cumulatively generate billions of dollars of gross merchandise value (GMV). We’re honored to have supported 10% of the Fortune 500 with their digital marketplace initiatives. Over 250 global brands like ABB, AB InBev, ACCO, Albertsons, American Red Cross, American Eagle Outfitters, US Army, US Agriculture Dept, (and many more) have entrusted their digital transformations to McFadyen. We operate global offices across the US, Brazil, and India. McFadyen Digital has been a trusted employer for 34 years and believe that people are the most important part of our company. We’re proud of our Great Place to Work certification.
Learn more about us at our website: www.mcfadyen.com
This individual will interact with a variety of business stakeholders as a cross-functional liaison to understand client requirements and issues. Technically inclined, subject matter expert role, leading a cross-functional team to understand customer needs, gather requirements, and lead the overall process from design to production. Partner with Architects and technical leads to innovate solutions. Create documentation and other artifacts to turn strategy into reality. Independently initiate, facilitate, and participate in fact-finding, green-field discussions, and implementation planning and design meetings. You will suggest innovative solutions to business problems that leverage technology for achieving market differentiation, efficiency improvements, and better user experiences for our clients.
Top 5 Responsibilities
- eCommerce requirements gathering, analyzing, and documenting requirements for large-scale (e.g., Fortune 500 or equivalent) projects, introducing new and useful tools and practices
- Technically inclined, retail/ecommerce subject matter expert
- Present solution alternatives to clients that meet their business requirements
- Lead requirements validation activities to confirm that a solution based on the requirements would meet customer needs and achieve business objectives
- Lead and coach other Product Owners and Business Analyst
- Review API’s and document integration requirements and contracts
- Successfully and independently handle ambiguous situations and develop a practical plan towards achieving clarity – while defining functional behavior, business rules, and data attributes
- Work in a globally distributed team model
- Work with the business stakeholders or sponsors to translate business needs into business and functional requirements
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process analysis, use cases or user stories, scenarios, event lists, competitive product analysis, and task and workflow analysis
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements or user stories
- Represent requirements using alternative views such as visual analysis models (UML diagrams), prototypes, or simulations where appropriate.
- Lead and facilitate ongoing requirements prioritization
- Establish and implement effective requirements practices, including continuous improvement. Assist with the development of the organization’s requirements engineering policies, procedures, and tools
- Identify ways to assist product management in product planning through requirements development and analysis. Propose new product features and updates
- Conduct research, analysis, and feasibility studies to establish the viability of requirements
- Travel to client sites as needed (post-pandemic)
- Bring best practices and support to the other eCommerce teams as they relate to business knowledge and business processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, MIS, Computer Science, or related major
- Technical background is desired
- Hands-on experience with analyzing API’s and Microservices architecture
- Proven experience in a business analyst role and delivering complex technical solutions
- Total experience of around 10+ years in business analyst role in a software services company
- Experience in IT or eBusiness, including experience with e-commerce, web application development, or other eBusiness solutions
- Familiarity with a broad array of internet technologies and trends
- Experience in problem resolution with IT systems and individuals
- Strong facilitation and communication skills across business and technical audiences
- Experience with an enterprise class eCommerce platform
- Understanding of eCommerce internationalization and localization complexities: content in multiple languages, country-specific product availability, and tax & payment processing
- Familiarity with Agile development processes where you quickly write effective user stories that can be broken into meaningful tasks by developers
- Familiarity with Jira is desired
- Knowledge of multiple vertical industries such as retail, financial services, CPG, and healthcare is a plus
- Fluent English is required
What we can offer you
- A career with thought leaders who literally wrote the book on Marketplace Best Practices
- A career in the fast-paced world of retail eCommerce, digital marketplaces and platform businesses
- A career with first-movers who are deploying new business models and strategies worldwide
- A career in a flat management structure without a rigid hierarchy and bureaucracy
- A career in a culture that rewards creativity and innovation, risk-taking and teamwork
Building a great company culture is a top priority for McFadyen Digital. We try to provide the best environment possible for team members – one that treats people the way they want to be treated. Culture Index is one of our tools for enhancing our enjoyable and productive people-focused environment. In order to be considered for this position, please follow this link to fill out a short Culture Index survey https://go.apply.ci/s/UGSEoxjTNs .
Please use as many descriptors as possible that pertain to you. There are no right or wrong answers.
Our Core Values: Client Focus, Owning the Outcome, Adaptability, Caring
Keywords: Marketplace, Platform Business, eCommerce, Strategy, Strategic Analysis, Strategic Planning, Digital Transformation
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.