Welcome to Jetty, the financial services platform on a mission to make renting a home more affordable and flexible. We’ve built multiple financial products that benefit both renters and property managers – and we’re just getting started.
As a member of the Platform Engineering team, you are passionate about building performant tech stacks, mitigating failures, enabling development teams, advocating for and implementing tooling to optimize developers path to production. You love to learn, take on challenges, and are empowered in a fast-paced and transparent culture. You’re comfortable finding the right tool or pattern for the job, and advocating for improvements to the way we work.
As a Site Reliability Engineering Manager, you will focus on managing a high functioning, talented SRE team and participate in overall product reliability. You will possess a strong understanding of software design and how to operate highly reliable and scalable products and services. You will work closely with other Jetty software engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders to ensure that our systems meet our reliability and performance standards. You will use your expertise in software engineering, operations, and automation to proactively detect and mitigate incidents, reduce downtime, and prevent outages. You will also collaborate with other engineers to identify and resolve systemic problems, and to continuously improve the overall reliability of our infrastructure.
What you will do:
- Drive the design and implementation of reliable and scalable systems using software engineering best practices.
- Own the on-call rotations and consistently improve incident management.
- Manage and assist in the development and deployment of automation and monitoring tools to proactively detect and mitigate incidents, and to prevent outages.
- Collaborate with software engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders to ensure that our systems meet our reliability and performance standards.
- Conduct post-incident reviews and implement remediation actions to prevent similar incidents from happening in the future.
- Identify and resolve systemic problems that affect the reliability and scalability of our systems.
- Continuously improve the reliability and efficiency of our infrastructure through automation, optimization, and process improvements.
- Participate in capacity planning and performance optimization activities to ensure that our systems are scalable, fault tolerant, resilient, and performant.
- Share your passion for staying on top of tech trends, experimenting with and learning new technologies, participating in internal technology ceremonies, and mentoring other members of the engineering team
Our current toolstack:
- Docker, Terraform, CDK
- Serverless technologies; Lambda, EventBridge, Step-Functions, API Gateway
- Postgresql, DynamoDB, Redis, Snowflake
- Python-Flask API Servers, Lambdas, Step Functions
- AWS, GitHub, GitHub Actions
- The right tool for the right job. We are not tied to any specific language or framework, but encourage our engineers to explore and learn better ways of building software
The experiences you will bring:
- 5-8 years of experience in cloud native architecture and development
- 1-3 years of experience managing a team
- Expert understanding of modern source control tools and CI/CD practices
- Expert understanding of AWS solutions architecture (Certifications recommended)
- Expert knowledge in building reliable, performant, and robust services
- Advanced knowledge working Python services ( Golang is a plus )
- Advanced knowledge in building and scaling distributed, highly available systems
- Advanced understanding and experience in containerization and container orchestration technologies
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Infrastructure-as-Code practices and relevant tooling (Terraform or equivalents)
- Advanced experience with cloud networking methodologies and components; service networking, API Gateway, service-discovery/service-mesh
- Intermediate experience with cloud-based security controls and practices
- Intermediate experience with networking, Linux systems administration, and common cryptography practices and libraries
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
At Jetty, we know renting a home can be a financial challenge. That’s why we’re on a mission to make renting accessible to everyone. Jetty offers four financial products designed to help our members every step of the renting process: Jetty Deposit, a low-cost security deposit product that dramatically reduces move-in costs; Jetty Rent, a flexible rent payment program to eliminate pricey late rent fees; Jetty Credit, a credit building service that helps renters build credit just by paying rent; and Jetty Protect, an affordable renters insurance product that provides comprehensive coverage in just a few clicks.
Jetty has raised multiple rounds of venture capital from investors including Khosla Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Citi, Valar, and strategic investors. We’ve built a highly collaborative team working remotely around the country, and we believe in finding the best talent—regardless of where they live. To learn more about life at Jetty, visit jetty.com/careers.
Jetty is firmly committed to building a team as diverse as our Members. We are proud to provide equal employment opportunities for all candidates regardless of race, ancestry, citizenship, sex, gender identity or expression, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, or veteran status.
Benefits & Perks
- Health (with HSA and FSA options), dental, and vision insurance through Aetna & MetLife
- 401(k) retirement savings program
- Optional life and disability coverage
- 20 days of PTO + 12 holidays, “Jetty Winter Break,” and flexible sick days
- Generous parental leave policy
- Flexible remote work in any US location (keeping east coast hours)
- Stipends to cover WFH set-up, childcare, phone/internet bill, and optional co-working space
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.