Simprints is a nonprofit tech company with a mission to radically increase transparency and effectiveness in global development. We build ethical, inclusive digital ID powered by biometrics to verify that health, aid, and services truly reach people. Simprints partners with organizations like Gavi to boost immunization rates in developing countries, Ministries of Health like Ghana on pandemic response, and NGOs like BRAC to deliver maternal healthcare. Studies have shown Simprints increases impact through real-time, precision data, for example increasing maternal health visits by 38% in Bangladesh or accurate HIV tracing by 62% in Malawi. Today we’ve worked in over 17 countries helping deliver health, aid, and finance to >2.5M people. Our goal is to transform the way the world fights poverty, ensuring that every vaccine, every dollar, and every public good reaches the people who need them most.
About the Role
We are looking for a Lead Product Manager to join our growing tech team, shaping the direction of the Simprints platform. The next chapter for Simprints is to open source our technology and your responsibilities will be to define an open sourcing strategy, set up a roadmap and manage a team of product owners. You will work in an agile, collaborative team with a commitment to clean code and robust design, along with a strong culture of continuous learning and improvement. If building technology for global health sounds exciting, we want to meet you!
This is a remote job; we are currently only able to take forward applicants based in the UK / France / Ghana / Ethiopia / Poland / Bulgaria / Romania. We are unable to provide visa sponsorship for this role.
At Simprints, we want everyone to feel ownership of the tasks they are working on, starting from your first day. Within the first month, we’ll get you access to all of our systems, you will learn about the ecosystem and tech stack and you will be running interviews with internal and external stakeholders to understand priorities and needs. By your third month, you will be comfortable running the team processes, overseeing the breakdown of epics into user stories, and will have a good understanding of how our products are used. In six months, you will lead with a high degree of autonomy our open source strategy and roadmap.
- Align commercial demand, engineering, and design to develop the product roadmap and our overarching biometric strategy
- Define open source strategy and roadmap
- Prioritise high level features in the product backlog
- Manage a team of 3 Product Owners and ensure their requirements and documentation are accurate
- Define, analyse and communicate product metrics to guide new features and enhancements
- Suggest and implement improvements in the way we build our products
- 5+ years experience as a product manager in an agile environment working on Android or Cloud based products
- Minimum 3 years of coding experience as a software developer or engineer, prior to becoming a Product Manager
- Experience managing technical products and roadmaps
- Proficiency with an issue tracking tool (e.g. JIRA, YouTrack)
- Ability to communicate effectively across many levels, building strong interpersonal relationships with engineers, designers, operational managers, and external stakeholders
- Experience with open source products, technology for development or identity solutions highly desirable
6 Reasons to join Simprints
Life is short. We believe work should be awesome, meaningful, and fun. At Simprints, we’re taking on global development’s biggest challenges, powered by an amazing culture and incredible people. Work with us, and you will grow faster, learn more, and take on great responsibilities with the potential to make lasting change.
- Genuine Impact. Work directly with our partners and users to deliver technology that has the potential to impact millions of lives.
- Incredible, diverse team. Ask any “Simployee” what their favorite thing about working at Simprints is, and the answer is likely to be “the people.” Our work is at the intersection of technology and global development, and we’ve managed to build an amazing team drawn from all over the world. But don’t take our word for it—we’re an externally recognized Great Place to Work and 2022 Best Workplace for Women
- Career Advancement. Join the team of a forward-thinking social enterprise that is making waves with some of the biggest names in our sector. Simprints Alumni have gone on to work for Google, USAID, Gavi the vaccine alliance, Save the Children, and other top players.
- Flexible hours. More efficient late at night? Better before the sun rises? Need to squeeze in a doctor’s visit Thursday morning? That’s fine by us. We are looking for people who get the job done, not for people who clock-in and clock-out..
- Professional development and well-being. We promote continual learning with self-directed learning objectives, external mentors, and regular one-on-one feedback. We also put our money where our mouth is with a dedicated ‘Learning ’ budget, and access to global experts through the GLG network.
- Unlimited paid time off. We set high standards and goals, but give people the freedom to choose when and how to recharge. Join a team that trusts you with the job.
Simprints is an equal-opportunity employer. We pride ourselves in our firm commitment to improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace. We aim to attract, hire, grow, and retain the most qualified candidates regardless of race, gender, ability, religion, nationality, age, sexuality, and other differences. We encourage interested and suitable candidates who are part of underrepresented groups to apply for this position.
What to do next?
Traditional recruitment processes are open to a lot of subconscious bias: your name, where you studied, previous employers, and a host of other factors can lead to your candidacy being treated differently from others. We’ve built a recruitment system that seeks to minimise that bias as much as possible.
- Submit your application at www.simprints.com/careers. Successful candidates will receive a response and an invitation to an informal conversation
- Informal conversation. We like to have a short initial conversation with top applicants to really let you know what it is like working at Simprints. It is also an opportunity for you to ask us questions to determine if it is the right fit for you before you proceed through the rest of the application process.
- Submit the technical assessment. Successful candidates will be invited to complete a technical assessment. Once we’ve received your completed assessment, they will be blinded and given to a panel of reviewers to be scored independently.
- Video interview The finalists from the technical assessment round will then be invited to an interview. This is an opportunity to understand your motivations for joining Simprints, assess a bit of cultural add, and provide you a chance to ask any questions you have about the role and the company.
- Digital experience half-day. The final step of our recruitment process also includes a virtual “experience half day.” The experience day is intended to ensure that Simprints is a good fit for you just as much as you are a good fit for us. You’ll have a chance to meet some of the team and ask questions of others doing a similar role
We are recruiting on a rolling basis for this role. With that in mind, we advise candidates to apply as soon as possible as we will be reviewing applicants on a first come, first served basis. This vacancy will be closed once a suitable candidate is identified.
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.