At Scribd (pronounced “scribbed”), we believe reading is more important than ever. Join our cast of characters as we work to change the way the world reads by building the world’s largest and most fascinating digital library: giving subscribers access to a growing collection of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, documents, Scribd Originals, and more. In addition to works from major publishers and top authors, our community includes over 1.9 M subscribers in nearly every country worldwide.
Have you heard about our future of work program, Scribd Flex? As a key principle, we embrace flexibility and allow employees, in partnership with their manager, to choose the work-style that best suits their individual needs and preferences. And, we create intentional in-person moments with each other that build culture and connection.
About the Team and Role:
We understand that payments and authentication are not just transactional but the foundation for building trust with our customers and delivering exceptional experiences. The Payments & Authentication team’s mission is to provide secure, reliable, and convenient payment and authentication solutions that not only meet the needs of our customers but also exceed their expectations. We believe that these systems are the backbone of our business and operations.
By leveraging our deep expertise in payments and authentication, we empower our customers to subscribe with confidence and ease. Whether it’s enabling secure online payments, or innovating new authentication methods, or preventing fraud, we are committed to driving the evolution of the payments and authentication landscape. Join our team where you will have the autonomy to make a significant impact on the product portfolio.
As the payments and authentication product lead, you will enjoy the opportunity to work across the organization, drive innovation, and shape the future of our offerings. You will be responsible for leading the development and execution of our payments and authentication product roadmap. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, finance and operations to deliver industry-leading payments and authentication solutions that meet the needs of our customers and drive business growth. Your role will require a strong blend of commercial/business acumen, technical expertise, and a keen eye for detail. Your product expertise will also be crucial in mentoring the next generation of product managers across Scribd.
• Take ownership of the payments and authentication product portfolio, providing strategic direction and driving its growth and success.
Lead the end-to-end product lifecycle, from conceptualization to launch, while ensuring alignment with business objectives and customer needs.
• Work autonomously and collaboratively with cross-functional teams, including engineering, design, operations and finance, to define product roadmaps and prioritize initiatives.
• Drive innovative solutions and enhancements to our offerings, leveraging industry trends and customer insights to deliver exceptional user experiences.
• Mentor and guide junior product managers, fostering their growth and development in product management excellence.
• Monitor market trends, competitor activities, and regulatory changes in the payments and authentication landscape, proactively identifying opportunities and addressing challenges.
• Drive data-driven decision-making by leveraging analytics and user feedback to continually improve product performance and optimize customer satisfaction.
• Champion a culture of innovation, creativity, and operational excellence within the team, fostering a collaborative and high-performance environment.
• Stay at the forefront of emerging technologies and industry advancements, sharing insights and best practices with the broader team.
• Customer-Centric Mindset: Focus on understanding customer pain points, needs, and behaviors. Ability to translate customer insights into meaningful product enhancements and seamless payment and authentication experiences.
• Payments Industry Knowledge: Deep understanding of the payments and authentication landscape, including payment methods, processing networks, regulations, compliance, and security standards. Knowledge of emerging trends, technologies, and innovations shaping the industry.
• Product Management Expertise: Strong product management skills, including product strategy, roadmap development, requirement gathering, prioritization, and go-to-market planning. Ability to effectively manage the entire product lifecycle and deliver exceptional user experiences.
• Technical Aptitude: experience with payment technologies and systems, such as payment gateways, card processing, mobile payments, and fraud prevention. Ability to collaborate effectively with engineering teams and provide technical guidance.
• Business Acumen: Solid understanding of business principles, revenue models, and profitability analysis. Ability to analyze market trends, customer needs, and competitive landscapes to drive strategic decision-making and business growth.
• Analytical Skills: Proficiency in data analysis and interpretation to drive data-driven decision-making. Ability to leverage metrics, user feedback, and market research to evaluate product performance, identify opportunities, and optimize product offerings.
• Leadership and Mentoring: Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate cross-functional teams. Experience in mentoring and developing junior product managers to foster a culture of excellence and innovation.
• Collaboration and Communication: Excellent collaboration skills to work effectively with stakeholders across different teams and departments. Strong communication skills to convey complex concepts, influence others, and drive alignment.
• Agile Methodologies: Experience with agile product development methodologies, such as Scrum or Kanban. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, iterative environment and adapt to changing priorities and requirements.
At Scribd, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package and is determined within a range. Our pay ranges are based on the local cost of labor benchmarks for each specific role, level, and geographic location. San Francisco is our highest geographic market in the United States. In the state of California, the reasonably expected salary range is between $150,000 [minimum salary in our lowest geographic market within California] to $242,500 [maximum salary in our highest geographic market within California].
Outside of California, the reasonably expected salary range is between $123,500 [minimum salary in our lowest US geographic market outside of California] to $230,500 [maximum salary in our highest US geographic market outside of California].
We carefully consider a wide range of factors when determining compensation, including but not limited to experience; job-related skill sets; relevant education or training; and other business and organizational needs. The salary range listed is for the level at which this job has been scoped. In the event that you are considered for a different level, a higher or lower pay range would apply. This position is also eligible for a competitive equity ownership, and a comprehensive and generous benefits package.
Benefits, Perks, and Wellbeing at Scribd
*Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Scribd and the geographical location where you work.
• Healthcare Insurance Coverage (Medical/Dental/Vision): 100% paid for employees
• 12 weeks paid parental leave
• Short-term/long-term disability plans
• 401k/RSP matching
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Learning & Development programs
• Quarterly stipend for Wellness, Connectivity & Comfort
• Mental Health support & resources
• Free subscription to Scribd + gift memberships for friends & family
• Referral Bonuses
• Book Benefit
• Company wide events
• Team engagement budgets
• Vacation & Personal Days
• Paid Holidays (+ winter break)
• Flexible Sick Time
• Volunteer Day
• Company-wide Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion programs
Want to learn more about life at Scribd? www.linkedin.com/company/scribd/life
We want our interview process to be accessible to everyone. You can inform us of any reasonable adjustments we can make to better accommodate your needs by emailing email@example.com about the need for adjustments at any point in the interview process.
Scribd is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, and believe that a diversity of perspectives and experiences create a foundation for the best ideas. Come join us in building something meaningful.
Remote employees must have their primary residence in: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, DC, Florida, Hawaii, Iowa, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Washington, Ontario (Canada), British Columbia (Canada), or Mexico. *This list may not be complete or accurate, and candidates should speak with their recruiter about their specific location for remote work.
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.