Creative Market is the world’s leading marketplace for design – a platform where creators from across the globe buy and sell digital high-quality design assets. We’re passionate about building tools and experiences that make design beautiful, effective, and accessible to everyone.
With many jobs, you have to pick between having a huge impact on the organization (small team) or having a huge impact on the world (big product), but at Creative Market – you get to do both! You get to work on a digital asset marketplace, as part of a fully remote team, that has more than 4 billion quality resources created by artists in over 190 countries around the world.
At Creative Market, we serve a global community and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. Women; people of color; members of the LGBTQ+ community; and people of all backgrounds, religions, gender identities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We provide an accessible candidate experience, and if you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know. We’re dedicated to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment for employees from all walks of life.
We’re building a fully remote team across Canada and the United States. We believe that creative collaboration can happen anywhere, and that working remotely shouldn’t have to mean sacrificing a sense of cohesion, community, and connection. We’ve seen that by combining thoughtful collaboration, frequent communication, and the freedom for people to be their authentic selves, you can do your best work and inspire others to do the same.
We’re looking for a Lead Front End Engineer to join our talented Product team. You’ll be collaborating closely with product directors, designers, and other engineers to create the best product for our users.
At Creative Market, we believe that promoting a culture of ownership and collaboration is more rewarding and productive for our engineers. As a lead, you will play an important role in guiding and coaching your team and fostering a supportive environment where engineers feel trusted to do their best work, empowered to share ideas, and continue learning from each other. You will also be there to provide technical mentorship to your team, drawing from your experience to guide them on best practices to problem solve.
We’ve built our front end in Vue, while our back end is built in Laravel for Creative Market and CodeIgniter for Fontspring.
- Leading a team of front end engineers across Creative Market and Fontspring, regularly providing them 1:1 support and coaching to help them succeed in their roles.
- Being a technical mentor to your team, helping to unblock them, and coaching them on finding optimal solutions that carefully consider the impact to our product and users.
- Advocating for improvements and optimizations to our front end codebase, tooling, and performance.
- Collaborating with product directors and stakeholders outside of the Engineering team to determine the ideal technical approach and resources needed for upcoming projects.
- Prior experience managing engineering teams. You have experience overseeing engineers and scaling technical teams. Your desire to help your team level up and excel is important to you.
- A desire to help your team grow. You are passionate about developing the skills and talents of those on your team and being a coach. You see your team’s success as your success.
- Passion about front end technologies and tooling. You’re familiar with front end tools (we use Gulp and Webpack), the ins and outs of server side rendering, and writing automated tests. You’re eager to find ways to make the developer experience more efficient and enjoyable for the team.
- Experience optimizing for front end performance. You’re familiar with ways to optimize for page performance and are able to diagnose and prevent these problems ahead of time.
Note: Please don’t hesitate to apply even if you don’t have every consideration listed. We believe in the value of diversity and building a team made up of unique experiences and perspectives. If you have a passion for front end development and a desire to lead and support a talented team of individuals, we’d love to hear from you.
At Creative Market, you’ll join a diverse team dedicated to learning, teaching, and growing; as individuals, as a team, as a business, and as a community. As a workplace, we pride ourselves on doing right by our employees, and have a benefits package that makes being a part of the Creative Market team a dream job and something to be really proud of:
- 100% remote: so you can work where you feel most comfortable and inspired.
- Stay healthy: generous medical and dental for both you and your dependents.
- Relax and unwind: with plenty of paid vacation, and paid sick time for when you need it.
- Paid volunteer days: for you to spend giving back to non profits/organizations that are important to you.
- Celebrate: we observe both US and Canadian holidays – and a whole week of rest in December.
- Family leave: paid time off for when your family grows.
- Save up: put pre-tax savings into a 401k/RRSP – we’ll match a portion of your contributions.
- Fitness fund: to help you feel your very best.
- Equipment fund: so you can deck out your home office.
- Monthly coffee budget: grab that latte – it’s on us.
- Learning and development: keep growing with paid courses, books, and conferences.
- Hang out: we get together at least once a year for some in-person face time.
- Pro tools: MacBook Pro (or Air) and all the tools you need to do a great job.
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.