Twyn is looking for a flexible Product Manager to take responsibility for a significant product within our portfolio. As well as day-to-day product management you’ll be expected to get involved more broadly, building a body of evidence to support product decisions and helping to define product strategy across the company. You’ll be expected to liaise effectively and directly with users, business stakeholders and technology teams, and understand the different needs and objectives of each group.
Your role will include acting as a Product Owner within a cross-functional Product team and you will be an integral part of the agile delivery lifecycle.
Tasks are likely to include:
- Defining and evangelising the product vision
- Defining and implementing user research including taking plenty of time to talk directly to users
- Creating and managing the product roadmap
- Analysing data from a variety of inputs, including but not limited to real-world usage metrics, user research and customer feedback, and using this to develop early-stage product ideas
- Validating and prioritising ideas in collaboration with the rest of the product team
- Managing the product backlog including developing INVEST user stories
- Working with the product team to realise your ideas, ensuring features are broken down appropriately, delivering value early and often
- Taking an experimental or hypothesis-driven approach to product development
- Being involved in all aspects of the build/measure/learn product development lifecycle including monitoring feature effectiveness in production and using data to drive future product direction
You will also be expected to contribute more widely, and as Twyn is an early-stage business can expect to have significant influence on how we think about product as an organisation.
This role reports in to the Chief Product Officer, and you’ll collaborate closely with our existing product and engineering teams, as well as many stakeholders inside and outside the business.
We’re looking for a particular approach to product management. In particular, we expect that:
- You’re customer oriented, and view speaking to customers and understanding their needs as a key part of the role.
- You’ll be hypothesis driven, and take a scientific approach to product development. You view product ideas as hypotheses to be tested rather than simply a list of things to build.
- You’re data / evidence driven, with a good understanding of a range of qualitative and quantitative research techniques.
- You’re motivated to move quickly, for example, you realise that you can learn from a very basic initial implementation of a product feature, or from user research based on a mock-up. You’re not afraid to get involved in the delivery process if that’s necessary to help you achieve your goals.
- You’re commercially minded, and are comfortable working closely with a wide variety of stakeholders across the business.
- You’re a comfortable facilitator and have experience of a range of meeting styles and formats as appropriate to the task at hand
- You hold significant attention to detail and have a high bar for quality
- You’re able to evidence strong communication skills
- You have demonstrable experience working in cross-functional agile teams
- You should have a strong passion for football, have a good understanding of the industry and its culture.
We don’t require any specific qualifications for this role. Experience working in a start-up, or on large scale consumer applications would be advantageous. For this particular product, an interest in football would be highly beneficial.
- The opportunity to receive equity in the company as part of your compensation.
- Remote work (with occasional travel to London) and flexible hours.
- A high degree of autonomy and minimal policy constraints (see ‘No Rules Rules’ by Reed Hastings and Erin Meyer).
- You’ll be joining an early stage company, but one with an experienced leadership team.
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.