Netrix Global is looking for an Information Security Engineer, Tier III that is experienced and knowledgeable to join our team! As an Information Security Engineer, you will be responsible for planning, implementing, and managing the overall security strategy for our managed customers. The ideal candidate should have a strong understanding of cloud native SIEM solutions, Endpoint and Network security tools, and compliance requirements.
As a member of our growing team, many of the Information Security Engineer duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Design well-architected systems & integrations to facilitate the best possible technical solutions
- Work closely as part of the team, be independent in handling incidents, and drive incidents to resolution as well as learning and improving from them.
- Working with colleagues on various security projects and contributing towards best practices of processes, technology used, and overall security awareness.
- Teamwork mentality, as you will work closely with colleagues on projects, learn from and support each other.
- Maintaining and improving the security technologies deployed, including creating use cases, customizing, or better configuring the tools based on past and current threats.
- A quality service approach, ensuring that possible issues are proactively pointed out, reporting is detailed, and staying available for support until an issue is resolved.
- Detailed-oriented and flexible-minded to contribute to the 24/7 defensive capabilities of the SOC for the overall security of the organization and customers.
- Curiosity, problem-solving mentality and a keen interest in growing in the security area.
- Analysing logs (from Security Information & Event Management system) and other sources to create reports and better prepare for suspicious events or malicious efforts.
- Need to have solid experience working in a SOC environment, a good understanding of network & application security and vulnerability management.
- Need to have good communication skills and be able to interact with colleagues locally and internationally from both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Perform penetration testing, and vulnerability scanning, manage and track remediation of identified vulnerable systems.
- 5+ years of Information Security experience
- Working experience with integration with different security systems and devices
- 2+ years coding and scripting experience in Python, Linux shell scripting, or Windows Powershell scripting etc.
- Working experience and knowledge of SOAR platforms and solutions
- 2-4 years of systems analysis
- Working knowledge of Linux and syslog from CLI
- Experience with computer network / application penetration testing and techniques.
- Proven ability and experience performing moderately complex security analysis for information technology is required.
- Excellent writing and communications skills in English
- Familiarization with a variety of information and network security tools (Azure Sentinel SIEM, QRadar SIEM, Splunk, McAfee Security Suite, Cisco IDS/IPS, Tenable Nessus, and Palo Alto, among others)
- Familiarization with a variety of Network Access Control software (Cisco ISE, ForeScout, etc.)
- SQL or KQL knowledge is considered an advantage
- Operational knowledge of API is considered an advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems or a related field
- Industry Certifications: All Engineers should possess the background and experience necessary to obtain Industry or SOC specific certifications as instructed by management. Possible applicable certifications include, but are not limited to:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Information Systems Security Engineering Professional (CISSP-ISSEP)
- Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP)
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Certified Security Analyst (ECSA)
- Certified Incident Handler (ECIH)
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CSA+)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Cisco CCNA
- Cisco CCNP + Security
At Netrix Global, our values are the philosophies and principles that we live by. They support our vision, help us achieve our goals and commit us to a common purpose.
We Own Outcomes, Win Together, Make An Impact, Enjoy The Journey, and Respect All!
Netrix Global is a mission-driven organization with the goal of providing the people, processes, and technology needed to run and scale modern, data-driven businesses that are always on and always secure. Our breadth of capabilities allows us to provide holistic offerings that solve even today’s most complex business challenges, delivering to you an integrated, optimized, and future-proof solution.
We work with clients of all sizes and specialize in solutions for healthcare, manufacturing, government, education, financial services, and legal industries. Netrix is consistently ranked in the CRN VAR500, detailing the country’s top system integrators. At Netrix, we’re driven to solve business problems with innovative technology solutions. We focus on end-users and are committed to client satisfaction.
We offer a competitive compensation package, comprehensive group benefits to meet the needs of you and your family, flexibility, and time off when you need it, and a casual work environment. The role can be remote/home office, with some travel required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. As part of this commitment, we will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If you need reasonable accommodations, please let us know by contacting NetrixHR@Netrixglobal.
To learn more about Netrix Global please go to www.netrixglobal.com
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.