Title: Graduate Analytics Engineer
Location: UK Remote
Salary : up to £30,000 plus bonus
About Petlab Co
PetLab Co. is the world’s fastest-growing pet supplement business. Launching in 2018, we successfully achieved a 9-figure revenue in 2022 without any external funding. We have a loyal community of loving pet parents and over 1.5 million happy dogs whose lives have been positively impacted by our innovative products. Our team is vibrant, fast-moving, and customer-driven where high-performers are valued and rewarded. And it is the ideal place for an ambitious, hardworking, animal lover who wants to progress their career rapidly.
A Day In The Life…
Reporting in to our Data Engineering Manager you’ll work at the intersection between our analysts and engineers, supporting them in projects across every department. You’ll be part of a small but ambitious team and be responsible for building intuitive downstream data models to make our data warehouse a genuine competitive advantage for Petlab.
We’re looking for a proactive and detail-oriented graduate to join us on this journey. You will play a critical role in the company’s data-driven decision-making by developing, implementing, and maintaining critical datasets in our data warehouse. You will collaborate closely with everyone in the data team to gather requirements; design and develop data pipelines; and provide valuable insights to stakeholders across the organisation. If you’re a quick learner with a strong technical background, you’ll thrive in this role.
It’s an excellent opportunity for a self-starter to work on exciting projects, gain valuable hands-on experience with tons of opportunity for development and to grow their career in the analytics field. Even though the Data team are fully remote, we aim to meet up once a month for some in-person collaboration.
We move and think fast so it’s important that you are able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and are happy to roll up your sleeves to do whatever it takes to support the team in every way possible. If that sounds exciting – we would love you to join our pack!
Your day to day will look a little bit like this…
- Collaborate with the analytics team to gather and understand business requirements
- Design, develop, and maintain data pipelines to support data analytics initiatives
- Ensure data quality and accuracy by implementing tests, alerts and validation processes
- Develop, update and maintain data models based on changing business needs
- Assist Analysts with the development and maintenance of dashboards, reports, and visualizations for stakeholders
- Respond and debug data pipeline failures
- Write and maintain technical documentation for the data assets you produce
- Constantly seek to improve the data we provide to the wider company
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in data analytics to suggest improvements in the way we work
What You Need…
- A strong understanding of SQL – this is essential
- The ability to use at least one programming language (Python, R, etc.) for data manipulation and cloud engineering purposes
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- A willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and tools
- A basic understanding of SQL database systems, Kimball data modelling, and ELT processes
- A basic understanding of cloud computing concepts
- An understanding of APIs
Nice to haves:
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and machine learning techniques
- Exposure to version control systems (Git)
- An understanding of CI/CD practices
- Familiarity with a data visualisation tool (Tableau, Power BI, etc.)
- Cloud computing certification
- Power BI
- Private Health Care through Vitality
- Generous Annual Leave – 28 days + public and bank holidays
- Flexible Working Hours – We focus on results and trust people to manage their time, whether working from home, while travelling, or in the office!
- Help@Hand – Employee Assistance Programme
- Royal London Pension Scheme – We offer a workplace pension scheme with one of the UK’s leading providers of group pensions. With an employer contribution of 5%!
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity / Adoption Leave – because time with new family members is important!
- Puppy Therapy – working in partnership with Paws in Work to provide a boost of oxytocin twice a year.
- Generous Learning and development budget – We always wasn’t you to keep learning.
- Free breakfast, fruits and snacks – refuel and revitalise with free munchies in the office.
- Working Environment – dogs are welcome!
- Life Assurance – In the event of your death, while employed by us, your chosen beneficiaries will be provided with a tax-free lump sum equivalent of four times your basic salary.
- Gympass – All in one subscription bringing you the largest selection of gyms, studios and apps.
- Electric Vehicle Scheme – Employees sacrifice salary in return for a new electric car, typically saving 30-40% of costs through income and tax and national insurance.
- Give Back Day – An extra day off in the year to volunteer plus a £50 contribution to your chosen charity.
- Health Cash Benefit – We offer the bronze package with enables you to claim a certain amount of cashback when you pay for something that is health related, i.e dental.
Petlab Co is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage all applications irrespective of gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, age, nationality, marital status, and disability. We believe that diversity is at the heart of innovation and we welcome passionate candidates from all backgrounds. Come join the family and see for yourself!
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.