NuBinary is a fractional-CTO service and software development consulting firm working with startups in various stages, MVP development, scaling, team building and more. We work with a diverse range of clients in areas such as IOT, Smart Connected Devices, AI, Machine Learning, MedTech, Smart Manufacturing, Home Automation and more.
Through our fractional CTO services, we help startups minimize their risk and cost while maximizing their value proposition by sharing with them years of entrepreneurship and tech leadership experience from our team. We provide end-to-end product development services including web/cloud, mobile, hardware and firmware development. Our technology stack of choice is Laravel/PHP on the back-end and VueJS on the front-end but we also work with other stacks frequently including Ruby on Rails, Node.js, DJango, ReactJS, and Angular..
What’s in it for you ?
You will have the opportunity to work with a team of highly-skilled, motivated and experienced serial entrepreneurs and ex-CTOs. We are well connected to the startup ecosystem of the Toronto-Waterloo corridor and through exposure working with the best startups in the area, you will have the opportunity to take the CTO role in different startups. This is a contract position with the goal of turning into a full-time position in the future.
What skills and competencies are we looking for?
- Bachelor degree in computer science, software engineering or similar majors
- Minimum 3 years of overall software development experience
- Minimum 3 years experience with modern MVC frameworks (PHP/Laravel) and development of complex applications in production
- Minimum 1 year experience with any modern JS stack (React, Angular, Vue, etc)
- Experience with backend and front-end automated testing frameworks such as PHP Unit, Jest
- Familiar with RESTful API design and best practices
- Experience with Postgres, MySQL or other SQL databases
- Ability to implement professional UI/UX designs with high quality
- Experience in Agile development, CI concepts and Git HTML5, CSS3, Sass
- Strong knowledge of software development best practices, software architecture, software development patterns, object-oriented design, algorithms and data structures
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Great to have
- Dev-ops experience deploying to and maintaining a web application on cloud environments such as Heroku or AWS
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Previous experience working in a remote team
Location: Remote work- anywhere in Canada
Salary: 90K – 110K CAD
Job Type: Contract and Full-time
Equal Opportunity Employer
NuBinary is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.