Linearity GmbH, based in Berlin, is the publisher of Vectornator, a powerful and award-winning vector graphic design software that simplifies the design creation process. The platform has many innovative features and is trusted by leading brands like Apple, Disney, and Microsoft. Vectornator offers cross-platform functionality (iPad, iPhone, Mac) and iCloud Sync without compromising on power or quality. Our powerful software has reached over 10M+ downloads and has raised $35M+ in funding from some of the biggest Venture Capital firms globally (EQT, HV Capital & 468 Capital) and we have been recognized as one of Europes Top B2B rising 100 “Soonicorns” by Sifted. Our mission is to revolutionize the way people design all over the world. To accomplish that mission, we need you!
If you love creating new ideas, want to create products that transform the design industry, and are an outstanding team player, this position is for you. We are an international mix of driven, passionate, and talented people, brought together by a desire to create the world’s best next-generation graphic design tool. Linearity is a global remote-first company, with an office in the heart of Berlin. You can choose where you work – in the office, 100% remote, or a hybrid of the two. Our flat organization has a culture of collaboration and teamwork that empowers our people to be brave and do what they think is best for the team and the company. We believe in the power of cooperation, brainstorming, and last but not least, in the power that each individual person has to make a difference.
As our first Fullstack Engineer, you’ll spearhead the frontend capability, playing an essential role in designing and implementing the service architecture of our web client and front-end applications. Whilst, contributing and supporting our backend engineers building our critical backend software (Bespoke Cloud Platform & Real-Time Collaboration Platform). You’ll have the opportunity to grow with the team, spearhead your career working in an autonomous environment and grow your full-stack capabilities whilst working closely with other developers.
- Spearhead the design and architecture of our frontend web applications
- Supporting our backend team in developing and implementing our high-throughput scalable backend services
- Collaborate with our team of developers to define and implement technical solutions
- Contribute to managing the entire application lifecycle, from concept to delivery
- Participate in product planning, task refinement, research, and development.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code that follows our industry’s best practices
- Collaborate with other engineering teams and stakeholders.
- Participate in code reviews, software testing, and debugging sessions.
- Contribute to our documentation through RFCs, ADRs, clear commits, and Notion pages.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in software development
- Continually improve our development processes and methodologies
- CS Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience working on Frontend applications and at least a year working on Backend experience with production-grade software development expertise on web services
- Experience and knowledge of Software Design principles, including Object Oriented Design and/or Design Patterns.
- Experience with at least one of the popular frontend frameworks (React, Vue.js etc)
- Experience building scalable, high-performance web applications
- Strong understanding of web development best practices
- Experience with software testing (both Frontend & Backend)
- Experience working with databases such as MySQL
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to deliver high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Experience with AWS or other cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience with Observability (logging, metrics, distributed tracing)
Ways of working:
- Flexible working culture/schedule (your choice of how you would like to work) 🖼
- Hybrid, 100% remote from anywhere in the world or relocate to Berlin (to work in our mobile office-work onsite in our modern office in Berlin) 🌏
Paid time off:
- 27 vacation days and 1 extra day each year of employment ☀️
- Family first: 6 months full pay maternity & paternity leave 🤰🏿
- Social responsibility: Take 2 days off to volunteer in a charity event
- Period leave: take 1 day off per month 🙇♀️
- Recharge: 4 weeks of additional leave for every 5 years of employment 🔋
- Further education: Training budget and free language classes with Babbel 🗣
- Birthday Gift: €50 euro to treat yourself to a birthday gift 🎁
- YourCampus benefit app: Through this app, you get a budget of 50 EUR and access to a wide range of benefits, starting from gym memberships, coaching sessions to vouchers for your favourite webshops.
- Relocation budget & assistance
- Latest Apple working equipment 💻
- All expensed company-wide retreats 🧘🏻
- Fun Stuff: Game events, Kahoot sessions, and onsite parties in Berlin 👾
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Here at Linearity, we’re dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, where everyone has equal opportunities, so if you’re excited about this Fullstack Engineer role, but your past experience doesn’t align pitch perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we really encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or another role. And as the saying goes “you can’t win the lottery if you don’t buy a ticket”.
Berlin / Remote
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.