wefox is the world’s leading Insurtech that is reinventing insurance at scale, with a record-breaking Series C funding in 2021 and our Series D funding in 2022 wefox has raised over $1 billion US Dollar. wefox is on track to revolutionise the insurance industry by empowering the customer and delivering personalised experiences driven by data.
wefox is revolutionising insurance by empowering the customer and delivering personalised experiences, driven by data. Our vision is to make insurance simple and 10x better. By providing our customers 360-degree advice through our network of advisors, we optimize each individual’s risk coverage through innovative prevention, assistance and insurance products.
As Engineering Manager in the Data Platform Team you will be responsible for improvement and development of our Data Platform together with your team. You are responsible for managing your team members and the technical delivery and for supporting the team with hands-on code development.
- You lead the team and build with it a flexible self service Data Platform ( Data Lake )
- Provide technical guidance and help them adopt modern engineering practices
- You develop and grow each individual in your team and also keep them accountable.
- You set ambitious goals for yourself and your team members and also know how important reflection is.
- You are the driver of innovation and scalability for the Data Lake
- Support the engineering team in achieving a high level of technical quality, reliability, and developer satisfaction.
- You will define the team’s roadmap by constantly being in touch with our stakeholders
What you bring:
- Overall 8+ years of experiencing working in Data Engineering teams and leading, scaling and developing a team of data engineers and experts.
- Minimum 3 years of experience into managing and leading teams.
- Operational experience working with teams in delegation and prioritisation
- Good people skills, ability to coach engineers, and experience in handling conflict
- Proven experience delivering, maintaining, and improving software systems especially using cloud-based infrastructures (AWS preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- You are familiar with the typical Python stack
What we offer:
Now, we’ve gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them*:
- Flexible working hours including hybrid working
- Free access to a mental health and well-being platform to access to personalised care, such as 1:1 coaching and therapy sessions for life’s ups and downs — whether at work, at home, or in your relationships
- Learn Light- a language learning program.
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets
- Training and Coaching opportunities
- Free coffee, fruit and snacks, because we need fuel!
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering – and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
To all the misunderstood geniuses, rebels and mavericks looking to change the world for the better. Come work with us!
* Additional Benefits vary between countries and can be explained in more detail by a TA Partner.
Your contact person for this role is Shivani Bhardwaj.
To apply for this job please visit www.wefox.com.