Bonfire is transforming the way people buy and sell high-quality custom apparel. We are a free online platform where anyone can design, sell, and buy custom products. We’ve helped thousands of individuals, groups, and nonprofits raise money for the causes they care about, and also serve the world’s top creators as their premiere custom merch platform. We’re a passionate, creative, and data-driven team constantly pursuing our vision: to strengthen communities that inspire a kinder world. We bring this vision to life by hiring passionate, smart people who celebrate and respect others, are committed to a life of curiosity, are never satisfied with good enough, are eager to co-create the future, and who thrive through teamwork. Have we been looking for you?
ABOUT THE JOB
The Engineering Team builds software that facilitates just about every aspect of buying and selling custom apparel online with our no-inventory campaign-based model. Our UX-heavy modules include our self service merchandise design tool and campaign/store setup flows which dovetail into our highly trafficked campaign pages & checkout flows. We also build for the supply chain & logistics side of our business with portals and services that serve admin, pre-production, design and fulfillment needs.
As an Engineering Manager youll report directly to the Director of Engineering and manage our team of senior developers while ensuring that every feature that we ship is made with quality and delivered on time. Our tremendous growth needs a process-driven, systems thinker to help translate our vision into long term success.
Are you ready to join an amazing company doing good in this wonderful world?
Humble Ingenuity, Trusting Partnerships, Inclusive Cooperation, Moral Courage, Healthy Dissatisfaction
Bonfire is currently supporting a virtual work environment; however, this is a contract position and is only open to candidates residing in European & South American time zones.
include but are not limited to:
- Manage a team of 3-5 engineers, support hiring efforts and the development of team members
- Communicate and work closely with the Product team on speccing tech features
- Assist in debugging and optimizing new and existing code
- Work independently and collaboratively with other software engineers on cross-team projects
- Conduct and contribute to peer code reviews
- Provide mentorship and guidance to less-experienced developers
- Lead performance reviews for your team of engineers
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- 3+ years management experience, ideally with remote teams
- 5+ years developing web applications using backend technologies ( Java, Spring, Hibernate, Jooq)
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL/MySQL or similar
- Experience with REST based APIs
- Knowledge of managing servers (Linux, nginx, AWS, Docker, Kubernetes.) is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
WHY WORK AT BONFIRE?
When team members all around the world were asked to find three words theyd use to describe Bonfire, the most commonly shared values were: kind, inclusive, charitable, supportive, collaborative, and passionate. Work here and help us guide people toward their full potential and possibility in support of a company thats trying to infuse the world with more of those values.
In addition to leading purposeful work, you will also benefit from our team member offerings:
- Competitive compensation
- Remote work environment (We are a fully distributed team!)
- Flexible scheduling
- Year-round swag giveaways
- A positive culture and dynamic team environment
- The ability to help create a kinder planet
- An environment to grow your skills, learn new technologies, and to challenge yourself
Does this sound like you? If so, wed love to hear from you.
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.