Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect millions of entrepreneurs with millions of buyers around the world. As an Etsy Inc. employee whether a team member of Etsy, Reverb, Depop, or Elo7 you will tackle unique, meaningful, and large-scale problems alongside passionate coworkers, all the while making a rewarding impact and Keeping Commerce Human
What’s the role?
We are looking for an Engineering Manager to lead a team of mobile app engineers focused on building platform capabilities for Etsy’s Buy on Etsy app. This is a full-time role within the App Enablement initiative.
As the Engineering Manager you will be responsible for leading a team that builds capabilities to enable app engineers to confidently iterate, consistently deliver, and meaningfully measure impact through the use of modern engineering patterns and practices. In this role you will collaborate closely across product and foundational apps teams to identify, prioritize, scope, and deliver tooling and projects that modernize our native iOS and Android architecture. Do you find joy in enabling engineers to build apps and iterate confidently? If so, this could be the perfect match.
This is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager. In addition to salary, you will also be eligible for an equity package, an annual performance bonus, and our competitive benefits that support you and your family as part of your total rewards package at Etsy. For this role, we are considering candidates based in Mexico who are either remote, flex, or office-based. Etsy offers different work modes to meet the variety of needs and preferences of our team. Learn more about our flexible work options and workplace safety policies here.
What does the day-to-day look like?
- Lead the team to build critical platform capabilities.
- Prioritize, scope, plan, develop, and deliver projects that may be at various states of completion or definition when started.
- Collaborate with other engineering teams across Etsy to advocate for and motivate change on behalf of their teams.
- Participate in the end-to-end recruiting process, hiring, and on-boarding exceptional engineering talent
- Partner cross-functionally with Product and Engineering to ensure that your team is delivering value for our individual contributors
- Participate in defining and achieving Objectives and Key Results for your team.
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy’s discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
Qualities that will help you thrive in this role are:
- 4+ years of work experience as an engineering manager supervising senior engineers
- Experience delivering projects from planning through delivery
- Experience in managing agile ceremonies and optimizing for efficiency
- Experience gathering feedback from customers to inform engineering prioritization
- Experienced in web development. Understanding of native mobile development, workflows, and tools would be a plus.
- Passionate about helping empower diverse groups.
- Know how to apply processes efficiently to amplify your team’s work and deliver products optimally.
- Ability to make decisions in the face of ambiguous or changing priorities and goals.
- Outstanding communicator, and can easily explain complex decisions with ease to partners, and other leaders.
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please share your resume with us and feel free to include a cover letter if you’d like. As we hope you’ve seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace furthers relevance, resilience, and longevity. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If, due to a disability, you need an accommodation during any part of the interview process, please let your recruiter know. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skills.
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.