Life at aptihealth
The aptihealth team are healthcare, technology, research and user experience experts passionate about transforming behavioral healthcare. Everything we do at aptihealth is centered around our mission to revolutionize behavioral healthcare and to ensure that the millions of people who need and deserve it have access to it. As a curious and collaborative teammate, someone excited about tackling the hard problems in healthcare and technology, you will play a key role in making that mission a reality. Together, we’ll create and innovate transformative behavioral healthcare – for millions of people.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to make life better for millions of people
- An environment of positive and super smart colleagues
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Turning innovative ideas into real-world results
- Investment in our employees
- Balancing extraordinary work with your personal life
- Encouraging curiosity and collaboration
- Priding ourselves in being diverse and inclusive
- Flexible working hours and lots of freedom in your work habits
Reporting to the Vice President of Product & Clinical Systems, the Director of Engineering will lead the engineering organization and drive the technology development process for aptihealth. As a key member of the executive management team, the Director will be responsible for the technology platform that supports both our workflow capabilities and our data analytics services, as well as growing and leading an effective, world-class team of software developers. The Director of Engineering will set technology strategy, lead software development efforts, and oversee the creation and delivery of our data platform. You will also be responsible for the day-to-day operational management of our AWS-based platform.
The Director of Engineering will work with the executive team to achieve the company’s goals with technological resources. The Director will own the development methodology and will partner with Product Management leadership to ensure that committed milestones and timelines are met and to provide options and articulate tradeoffs for the product based on customer input, product/market requirements, and technology constraints. The primary role of the Director of Engineering is to ensure the development team performs, improves and scales effectively.
The Director of Engineering will be considered successful at the end of first 6 months if the following are achieved:
- A strong technical team is in place and there is a hiring plan in place to support the business as it scales
- The development team is consistently and predictably delivering high-quality product releases that are in line with product management priorities
- Production systems have achieved strong up-time performance
- The Director has effective collaborative relationships with their peers and across the company
- A 3-year scaling plan in line with the product roadmap has been established
- A strong foundation for information security and data privacy protection is in place
- A strong culture of security and privacy-first is built into all aspects of engineering
- Set the technical vision and lead the company’s technological development
- Develop strategic plans and set timelines for evaluation, development, and deployment of all technical, infrastructure, cloud, web, and mobile services
- Oversee and manage all processes relating to technical delivery/support and all cloud and infrastructure service management
- Collaborate with Product Management leadership to establish an effective end-to-end product design, development and support process model
- Provide technical assessment and due diligence to potential partners and acquisitions
- Develop deep and strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, internet security protocols, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices, particularly in the areas salient to our solutions
- Maintain a reliable data strategy and underlying platform in support of our data needs and services that support our application and data commercial products as well as internal BI metrics/reporting
- Monitor service and platform analytics (including cloud services and web analytics) and make marketing and technical recommendations that align with business goals
- Manage, lead and build the engineering team, with a focus on consistent staffing policies and processes including the recruitment and retention of top technology talent
- Develop and refine team metrics and key performance indicators; plan and achieve quarterly and annual metrics and goals; report on progress to the executive team, board of directors, and company
- Manage and oversee adherence to security best practice and regulatory requirements
- Develop and implement risk mitigation and business continuity plan
- Ensure engineering and DevOps practices and teams maintain the highest possible standards of compliance with regulatory, legal and other policy standards in line with company security and compliance
- BS Degree in a technical field; advanced degree preferred
- 15 years of experience leading and managing technology teams in commercial software space; includes experience in high growth environments with enterprise (B2B) web-based software development
- Strong understanding of healthcare regulations such as HIPAA, and HITECH, and knowledge of healthcare standards such as CEHRT, HL7, and FHIR
- Significant experience with cloud architectures and AWS in particular lambda serverless architecture models that include DynamoDB, Redshift, open search and other related services
- B2C and/or B2B2C experience a plus
- Proven track record of successfully leading and driving commercial SaaS development, architecture, and infrastructure activities that provide best in class product offerings and support
- Software regulation experience in a healthcare and HIPAA compliance environment
- Proven track record building out platforms that can be accessed across multiple devices
- Experience developing mobile applications, both native and progressive and/or responsive web applications
- Fluency with DevOps concepts and practices for a SaaS product in a public cloud environment – preferably in Amazon Web Services
- Deep understanding and experience with Agile mindset and practices
- Proven ability to manage rapid growth and scale of an engineering team
- Knowledge of Data Security, Secure Coding, Encryption, Multi-tenancy, Scalability, and High Availability
- Proven experience to think and act strategically and proactively
- Experience building a data architecture to support data analytics
This position requires overnight travel approximately 20% of the time.
aptihealth, inc. is a behavioral health engagement company that seamlessly integrates physical and behavioral healthcare. Our platform connects medical providers, behavioral health specialists and patients with our proprietary assessment and treatment management protocols to get and keep patients healthier faster. aptihealth’s structured therapy programs are centered on its proprietary 15 Life Domain Clinical Framework© that efficiently provides collaborative care teams with the most thorough understanding of a patient’s behavioral health needs. The aptihealth platform connects patients and their care teams with licensed behavioral health specialists who provide 90-day and extended care therapy by phone or video supported by an easy-to-use consumer friendly digital experience. The aptihealth program is evidenced to get individuals into therapy faster and clinically proven to improve both behavioral and medical outcomes while lowering overall cost. aptihealth’s investors include Hudson River Capital Holdings, KASA Investments and Timber IV.
At aptihealth, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, products and community. aptihealth is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by contacting us.
To all recruitment agencies: aptihealth does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to us, our employees or any other organization location. aptihealth is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
For more information, please contact us at:
340 Broadway, Suite 7
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.