We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team. Our enterprise SaaS product is growing rapidly, and we need to scale our infrastructure and our team. You thrive in an environment where you can help improve the infrastructure for the engineering team, and you comfortably operate at both the large scale, managing systems level infrastructure, and also at the small scale, knowing when to dig into command line tasks on remote instances.
You are passionate about keeping infrastructure stable, automating processes and developing new tools, conscious about security, and love having a high impact on the team and the business through ownership. If you embody the DevOps mentality, Sensor Tower could be the right place for you.
We are a fully distributed, remote first company.
What You Will Do:
- Understand our business needs and exert ownership of our cloud infrastructure to achieve these goals.
- Design, optimize, and maintain a database architecture that empowers application developers to quickly access large underlying datasets.
- Improve Sensor Tower’s telemetry to answer key questions about the performance of our application.
- Drive high priority privacy, compliance, and security initiatives.
- Investigate performance, infrastructure, and process failures, conduct post mortems, and facilitate continuous improvement in incident response.
Experience We Want to See:
- Expertise in AWS technologies (EC2, load balancing, auto-scaling, IAM, S3, Route53, etc.).
- Familiarity with telemetry tooling such as Nagios, Graphite, StatsD, Grafana, and ELK (or similar).
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) automation and configuration management (we use Ansible and Terraform, but a background in similar technologies is fine as well).
- Working proficiency with a scripting language such as Ruby and/or Python.
- Written and verbal English language proficiency.
Nice to Have
- Demonstrated experience managing and administering high-capacity databases (especially MongoDB), including cost optimization, upgrades, monitoring, and backup & restore.
- Demonstrated experience managing and administering an OLAP database cluster such as ClickHouse, Druid, or Pinot.
- Background in cloud infrastructure security and compliance, especially SOC 2 or ISO 27001.
About Sensor Tower
Sensor Tower cultivates responsibly sourced market intelligence that provides visibility into the trends shaping the global digital economy. Our customers use these insights to help them make better business decisions.
Why Sensor Tower?
Our flexible work environment allows employees to live in greater connection with the people, places, and activities they love!
Our benefits for full-time positions include:
– Flexible time off so employees can shape their time away from work.
– Health and wellness stipend to achieve and maintain a healthy lifestyle through physical and mental fitness.
– Monthly internet stipend and a one-time $500 home office stipend.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, and veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. If you have a disability or special need, please do not hesitate to let us know and we’ll do our best to accommodate.
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.