The Nitty Gritty
Big Viking Games is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Technology team! Reporting to our Senior Engineering Manager, you’ll be working on our flagship games – YoWorld and FishWorld! The ideal candidate will be a seasoned DevOps engineer with extensive cloud experience. This role will be expected to split their time doing both maintaining the current game infrastructure and executing modernization projects. This position is offered 100% remotely.
- Work with engineering leadership in developing and executing initiatives and best practices
- Develop, implement and maintain our cloud infrastructure in AWS
- Participate in code reviews
- Ensure game uptime in liveops environment.
- Participate in incidence management and root cause analysis
- Encourage and build automated processes wherever possible
- Develop monitoring tools for measuring KPIs
The Must Haves:
- Excellent communication skills
- AWS Solutions Architect Professional or equivalent knowledge
- 2+ years of Terraform experience in an AWS environment
- 5+ years of Development experience
- 2+ years of using Containers inside a LiveOps environment
- Shipped multiple features and projects in a LiveOps environment
- A passion for games!
The Nice to Haves
- Experience using Ansible, Ansible Vault
- Java and/or PHP experience
- Experience with Redis, Memcache, Docker, and Ansible would be highly beneficial
- Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- A generous amount of Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, Family Leave)
- Competitive Salaries
- Professional Growth
- Health & Wellness Benefits (Employee Assistance Program, Monthly Spending Account, Wellness Initiatives)
- Vikoins (Peer Recognition Program & Rewards)
- Stock Options
- Group RRSP
- Frequent remote events/meetings to stay connected with your peers and share company updates
- 100% remote work environment
Becoming a Viking:
Are you cut from our cloth? Does the idea of working for a gaming company and doing what you love every day get you so excited you kind of want to scream? Great! Send us your resume and cover letter, along with a link to your portfolio.
Big Viking Games is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.