Social Discovery Group creates products with a focus on entertainment and social gaming. SDV products make it possible to spend time online in the most diverse way, find interlocutors and new acquaintances, make friends who can empathize and support, create interactive digital worlds and give/receive virtual gifts, express oneself and get attention and recognition from other users.
Our offices are located in Malta (Sliema), Latvia (Riga), USA (New York, San Francisco), China (Chongqing), Hong Kong, Colombia (Medellin), Queensland (Australia), Armenia (Yerevan), Kenya (Nairobi) and Georgia (Batumi).
International Internet holding Social Discovery Ventures, specializing in the creation and promotion of sites and mobile applications that help people from different countries to meet, communicate, find friends and travel companions, invites Database Administrator MS SQL to join its team.
At the moment we have a DWH based on MS SQL 2019 sized over 60Tb in AlwaysOn as an enterprise data warehouse.
Data consumers: analysts, ML engineers, BI systems, marketing sites, Live product for some tasks. The state needs a specialist who will handle the administration of the storage.
- Creating advanced T-SQL scripts in MS SQL 2008-2019. Review SQL code developers, analyze code execution plans (e.g. stored procedures executed tens of millions of times per day), solve problems on execution plans.
- Optimizing database infrastructure performance (queries, indexes, locks, disk resources, memory, etc.). Using different tools to assess system bottlenecks. Solving performance problems in a short time, including remotely.
- AlwaysOn support.
- Assisting analysts and ML engineers with data retrieval.
- Tasks to optimize SQL server administration. Performing routine work with the database (archiving and recovery strategies, security strategies, checking for data correctness, etc.).
- Working with heavily loaded databases of dozens of Tb.
- Tracking server performance monitoring, problem prevention.
Our expectations from the candidate:
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2008-2019;
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server structure and mechanisms;
- Excellent knowledge of T-SQL, extensive experience writing scripts as a developer, experience writing stored procedures, UDFs, triggers, working with distributed transactions, knowledge of the basic principles of relational DBMS);
- Knowledge and ability to apply SQL-queries, stored procedures and functions optimization methods;
- Ability to understand other people’s code;
- Ability to find logical errors independently by database structure and code;
- High technical education.
Will be a plus:
- Python programming experience;
- Experience with MongoDB, Hadoop, ClickHouse databases;
- Understanding of the relationship between DWH needs and hardware/end components.
Why choose us?
- Remote work (you can work from anywhere);
- Competitive salary;
- Loyalty bonuses, referral bonuses, bonuses for extraordinary achievements;
- Access to a wide range of personal training and development programs;
- Own collection of branded clothing and accessories with corporate logo for different occasions (Welcome Pack, gift after probation period, for professional holidays and corporate parties);
- Library of technical and business literature, lectures on Art&Technology and healthy lifestyle;
- Internal gamified gratitude system: bonuses from colleagues which you may exchange them for day off, merch, team building activities, massage certificates, etc;
- 7 sick days a year (days off), which can be used to deal with domestic issues, to take a rest and recover without taking sick leave;
- Health benefits (either Corporate Medical Insurance or compensation for the paychecks, depends on the location);
- Children’s education reimbursement. 50% compensation for the costs of kindergarten or school, up to $1000 gross per year per a child according to the paychecks;
- Workplace organization (in the locations where we don’t have offices or co-workings there’s compensation for your workplace up to $ 1000 gross once every 3 years according to the paychecks — rent of the co-working room, equipping the working place at home (desk, chair, Internet, etc.);
- Participation in sports events (rafting, carting), corporate events.
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.