Website Delivery Hero
Want to be a hero? – Join the #1 Global Leader in online food ordering and delivery!
We are looking for Data Engineers (all genders) to join our Quick-Commerce team. Contribute to the creation of our next-generation platform, which works on expanding our amazing delivery to new products such as groceries, pharmaceuticals, flowers, and more. Work on warehouse management systems, our shopper app, and our customer-facing systems.
If you’re a creative problem solver who is eager to deliver solutions and hungry for a new adventure, an international workplace is waiting for you in the heart of Berlin!
- Gather and process raw data at scale (incl. writing programs & scripts, SQL, calling APIs, etc.)
- Extract data from various third-party tools and APIs, e.g. Google BigQuery, Adyen, PayPal, and many others
- Develop and maintain ETL processing pipelines for batch data ingestion and sharing
- Collaborate with other engineers to ensure the reliability, efficiency, and agility of data pipelines
- Collaborate with other engineers to define and optimize data quality and engineering practices and standards
- Provide support and recommendations to data stakeholders
- Identify, debug and resolve data availability, data accuracy, and data quality issues in a complex, fast-changing environment
- Work closely with our data scientists to deploy machine learning models into production
- Produce quality documentation
What you bring to the table:
- Expert in (3+ years of relevant experience) designing and developing data transformation, data transport, and data serving applications in a cloud environment (AWS, GCP)
- Advanced knowledge (2+ years) of SQL, Python, and/or Scala, including reliability and performance optimization
- Experience working with OOP and building components at scale.
- Experience with dockerization, containerization, and Kubernetes
- Experience with Spark, spark SQL, and monitoring tools.
- Creative problem-solving and strong detail-oriented abilities.
- Experience with job orchestration (we are using Airflow)
- Fluent English communication skills.
- Experience working in agile environments.
Nice to have:
- GitHub actions
- Infrastructure knowledge
- Data Science/ML experience
As the world’s leading local delivery platform, our mission is to deliver an amazing experience, fast, easy, and to your door. From prepared meals to groceries, flowers, coffee, medicine… we deliver whatever you need. We operate in over 50 countries across Asia, Europe, Latin America, the Middle East and North Africa and are also pioneering quick commerce, the next generation of e-commerce. As one of Europe’s largest tech platforms, we work with a global ecosystem of employees, riders, and partners, and are at the forefront of innovation.
As one of our Heroes, you’ll work in an international and dynamic environment, with other Heroes from every corner of the globe where you can grow and develop your career with the right support, every step of the way. We are building a company that future generations can be proud of and are committed to welcoming everyone to our table. Delivery Hero has a lot to offer when it comes to benefits: we want to empower our Heroes and that means caring about all aspects of their wellbeing, such as: career, community, social, physical and financial. Learn more about our benefits at Delivery Hero here.
At Delivery Hero, we believe diversity and inclusion are key to creating not only an exciting product, but also an amazing customer and employee experience. Fostering this starts with hiring — therefore we do not discriminate on the basis of racial identities, religious beliefs, color, national origin, gender identities or expressions, sexual orientations, age, marital or disability statuses, or any other aspect that makes you, you. Just be yourself and we can’t wait to see what value you bring to the role. We’re as interested in your character as we are in your talent.
Have we sparked your interest? If you are looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by our values and People Leader Principles, please apply and send us your CV using the online form. Please note, we do not accept applications via email.
To apply for this job please visit careers.deliveryhero.com.