Hi, we are Samotics!👋 With our unique, AI-driven solution we help many of the world’s largest industrial companies to make unplanned downtime history and reduce energy waste. Our mission? To reduce global energy consumption by 10%! Read more about it.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our diverse team of skilled, curious and ambitious people. Are you interested in building core infrastructure that supports making near-real-time predictions? Do you want to have an impact on a fast-growing GreenTech company?
About the team 👋
The software engineering team currently consists of 25 experienced developers working on a large architecture covering a wide domain, from signal processing on our edge devices to dashboarding for different user groups. Continuous improvement and daily deployments are at the heart of the high level of quality we deliver. The data infrastructure team sits within the software engineering department and plays a key role there, while also interacting daily with the data science team and the head of product.
The development team uses its own simple, practical, and functional methodology, allowing you to fully focus on software engineering without having to switch tasks. You will work based on the principle of freedom and responsibility. We take pride in combining professionalism, trust, and very few meetings. Since we work on cutting-edge technology, we use an up-to-date stack (Python, AWS, GitHub, Jenkins, Ubuntu, Terraform, Linux, FastAPI, Flask, etc.).
Your challenge 🎯
You’ll apply your skills at the forefront of data processing, using cutting-edge tools and technologies to help us scale up our fault detection analysis to many thousands of sensors. Your key responsibility is to build core infrastructure that supports running machine learning models that do near-real-time prediction. Some of your daily tasks may include:
- Support and improve data science pipelines
- Work closely with the data science and analyst teams to build the best infrastructure for their needs
- Build CI/CD infrastructure for our data architecture components that include code linting, tests, monitoring and deployment
- Debug core performance problems around databases, data pipeline efficiency and code complexity in both production & research environments.
- Monitoring the data flow, databases and other systems related to our data science pipeline, where you are again focused on robustness and efficiency.
What you’ll bring ⭐
- We are looking for a senior data engineer— typically find that 5 years of full-time experience are a minimum to hit the ground running. If you have less of significantly more experience, we would still love to get to know you and discuss a more junior or senior role. In both cases, please apply for our general software engineer vacancy (junior or senior).
- Computer science background or similar, and a good understanding of data engineering
- A good understanding of / experience with modern databases, both SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with designing and running cloud infrastructure, including distributed systems and clusters
- Demonstrated ability to design excellent solutions, by using available technology in a creative and elegant way
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment where production deployments take place multiple times a day
- Keen on experimenting with and implementing new technologies
- Truly owning the job, and the responsibilities that come with it—taking initiative and demonstrating sound judgment
- Ability to work fully remote
What we offer 🚀
- You get the chance to make an impact by working on cutting-edge technology that has the potential to reduce global energy consumption by 10%.
- A fun and professional company culture based on the principle of freedom and responsibility
- Work and have fun in our custom-designed penthouse at a three-minute walk from Leiden Central, made with 90% recycled materials and with our own bar.
- Flexibility to work from home in combination with working from the company office
- Daily fresh lunches and healthy snacks when working in the office
- A lot of company events such as pub quizzes, chess tournaments and wine tastings.
- A competitive salary and holiday allowance in May
- 25 vacation days a year and generous parental leave
- 100% employer-funded pension plan
- Automatic enrolment in our Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR) scheme which allows you to benefit from a potential exit event
- A travel allowance (public transport business card) and €65 net connectivity allowance per month
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.