ClearBank was built on the belief that banking infrastructure would no longer slow down progress. Instead, it’s the catalyst that unlocks the potential to innovate. That’s why our clients — financial institutions from fintech’s and crypto platforms, to banks and credit unions — use our API to power their banking infrastructure.
But we wouldn’t be ClearBank without our people. They’re what powers our innovative technology and the reason we love what we do every day. We’re a group of spirited people who are never afraid to challenge the norm – becoming stronger, more energised, and that much better when we’re together. It’s our belief in fairness, autonomy and choice that means our people are empowered with the tools to learn, grow, and contribute to ours and our clients’ success. Interested in joining us? Read on or visit our website for more information.
You will be
You’ll be joining the Data team as a Data Engineer. Reporting to the Team Leader, you’ll be a part of a fast-growing business that is challenging the market and doing things differently.
We are rapidly expanding into a global bank and building a data team that supports this growth with a legacy free data platform which puts emphasis on frictionless integrations, automated processing, and advanced analytical capability including Machine Learning. As a Data Engineer at ClearBank you will be core to continuing the evolution of this platform, embedding data into our DNA, and enabling our customers to continue to grow at pace.
Our Data team is growing fast, and as a Data Engineer you will be building a best-in-class data platform and working closely with stakeholders from teams across ClearBank and with specialists in data management, architecture, quality, and analytics. You will be embedded in our analytics team and supporting data science initiatives by building pipelines and capabilities that deliver bespoke data and mind-blowing insights as we uncover more data sources for our growing datalake.
What we are looking for
Core Skills and Experience
- Experience in Data Engineering
- Focused on delivering incremental value to users, not just on writing code
- Able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience / desire to own solutions throughout their development lifecycle – from design & testing to deployment & monitoring
- Python, Scala (we primarily use Python for Data Engineering, and Scala with spark for data processing in our data lake)
- Solutions driven
- Delivery focussed
- Team player
Ideal, but not a showstopper
- Automation mindset – be it testing, monitoring, or operational processes; we drive for as little manual intervention as possible
- Infrastructure as Code (we use Terraform)
- Spark, Azure Data Lake, and Azure Analytics Services (we use Databricks)
- Experience in Azure DevOps build/release pipelines for efficient software releases
- Leveraged cloud technology to deliver scalable production platforms
- Appreciation for event-based architecture and how this applies to a big data platform
- Domain knowledge in Financial Services / Banking
- Experience implementing and enabling Data Mesh principles
About what we offer
- At ClearBank we have a flexible working philosophy, empowering our employees to manage their time in a way which allows them to meet both work and personal commitments, in partnership with their line manager
- Spacious and well-equipped new offices in London and Bristol
- 27 days annual leave per year, plus flexible bank holidays
- The option to work outside of the UK for up to 30 days per year
- Regular company-wide socials
- Take a couple of days per year to volunteer with your chosen charity to do something bigger than ClearBank
- Private healthcare through Healix and discounted Bupa dental cover, with employee healthy living perks and discounts through YuLife
- Enhanced family-friendly leave
- Plus, you’ll have the opportunity to join an innovative team that’s building a bank fit for the future! 🚀
The legal bit
By submitting your CV, you confirm that you can demonstrate you have the right to work in the UK. Regretfully we are not in a position to sponsor applicants for immigration purposes at the current time. By submitting your CV to ClearBank Limited you are providing your consent for us to use the information you provide for recruitment purposes. For more information on how we manage your data go and check out our Candidate Privacy Notice on the ClearBank website to see how we process, manage and look after your data. You are also allowing us to communicate with you by email and telephone for recruitment purposes.
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.