Location: Remote within GMT +/- 3
Reporting to: CTO
Language: English is mandatory
myAgro is a non-profit agritech social enterprise based in West Africa. We have developed a mobile savings model that allows farmers to invest their own funds in high-quality seed, fertilizer, and agricultural training to increase their harvest and income by 50-100%. Our North Star is to support 1 million farmers in 2026 – providing them the tools they need to prosper. Our organization has received recognition and support from Skoll Foundation, Echoing Green, World Bank, and The Audacious Project from TED. Learn more from our founder and CEO here.
In this rewarding role, you will help myAgro take data-informed that benefit hundreds of thousands of smallholder farmers. You will manage and mentor the data analytics team, while supporting team members with the insights they need to maximize our impact. You will play a strategic role, refining the data analytics vision and roadmap. You’ll grow your soft and technical skills in a friendly and mission-driven environment.
- Manage and grow the data analytics team
- Mentor both your direct reports, and the analysts embedded in other departments
- Own the data analytics vision and roadmap, and prioritize the most impactful problems to solve
- Be a data ally of the leadership team, presenting the team’s finding in an action-oriented fashion
- Promote data literacy across the organization, including reaching historically unders-served departments
- Build processes and standards for data management, visualizations and advanced analytics
- Work with the data engineering team to build an accessible, user-centered data platform and model
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Led teams of data analysts, scientists or engineers before
- Senior business analytics and/or data science knowledge
- Great data-storytelling skills, and record of helping leaders taking data-informed decisions
- Stunning proactivity, and ability to deal with uncertainty
- Strong communication and ability to work cross culturally
- A calm and patient attitude to listen to the problems and identify creative solutions
- A passion for the mission, vision and values of myAgro
- Health insurance (including dental, vision and health coverage)
- Approximately 4 weeks of paid time off each year
- Professional development and laptop stipends
- Co-working Space stipend
- The opportunity to make a difference for farmers everyday!
To apply, submit an application on our website. Include a cover letter (motivation letter) and a resume or CV. You should also complete the Plum survey. You can find a link to the Plum survey on the application form for the role. Please submit your application and documents in English. Only shortlisted candidates will contacted by our team.
There is no fixed deadline as we hire on a rolling basis. If someone else is selected while you are interviewing, we will let you know and consider your application for future positions. The interview process includes the application form, the Plum assessment, short virtual interviews and typically a short written assignment or a visit to the field or one of our offices.
myAgro provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, national origin, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, and genetics. myAgro complies with all applicable federal, provincial and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.