We are a global cloud technology company, helping to keep people safe online. We work with cloud providers and their customers to secure the building blocks of the internet, by offering consulting, training and products related to cloud native development, security and operations.
ControlPlane’s priority is to continue to be a leader in the Kubernetes and Cloud DevSecOps space. We secure the next generation of software systems and provide a clear, risk-based adoption guide for organisations looking to implement best practices.
Trusted by Google Cloud, UK Home Office, JPMC, among many others, our clients are world leading organisations.
We are looking for a security consultant to represent the technical and cultural values of ControlPlane, leading our customers by example in the complex and fast-changing world of cloud native technology. You will perform a mix of client consulting, working on internal labs projects, and contributing to Open Source projects on ControlPlane’s behalf.
We are looking for someone who is already an active contributor to the Cloud Native community within the region; ideally someone that has delivered technical talks and wants to continue doing this as part of their role.
We are SANS authors (SEC584) and believe strongly in team learning and collaboration. Candidates with an aptitude to learn are preferred, and we provide full training for the newest cloud technologies that our customers rely on.
This is a unique job role within a successful start-up company where you will have the chance to make a positive impact, learn, grow and work with great colleagues who consistently challenge the status quo.
This is a remote position, but we invite you to spend time in person at our Auckland office: this is optional and we aim to be entirely flexible to your needs. As a leader in the cloud native community there are opportunities for international travel.
Experience or knowledge of some of the below:
- Experience of Threat Modelling and Cloud Native Security architectures (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Kubernetes and container experience (some of EKS, GKE, EKS, OpenShift and container runtimes)
- DevSecOps principles and Engineering practices
- Any Vault, service mesh, in-toto, Tekton Chains, SPIFFE, and/or Sigstore experience is a plus
- CI/CD experience, automating security tests, and hardening pipelines
- Knowledge of security tooling
- from enterprise tools such as Aqua, Prisma, Sysdig, Lacework, etc
- to Open Source tools such as falco, kube-hunter, and kube-bench
- Knowledge and experience using hardening guides, compliance and risk management standards
- Security-related qualifications such as OSCP, Cloud Provider Security certifications, or CISSP
- A desire to learn, or experience with:
- CLI tooling in any of the above technologies
- Golang or Python
- Terraform and cloud infrastructure best practices (IaC, regulated systems)
ControlPlane is a dynamic, cutting edge and passionate business for which to work. Our employees are the heart of our business, which means we care about our company culture and our employees’ wellbeing and progression. Alongside this, as our colleague you will have the following benefits:
- Generous and competitive salary
- Discretionary team bonus
- 33 days of paid holiday, including paid leave for the standard Public Holidays
- Statutory pension contribution
- An individual training budget for personal development, including but not limited to:
- Training (books, courses, coaching, as well as internal training which is of course included beyond budget)
- Individual development time:
- 10 days for training
- 7.5 days to attend and present at conferences
- 10 days company research and development time
We are looking for technical practitioners who can work with our clients and the team to deliver these projects and help establish ControlPlane as a world-class technical thought leader.
We believe our peers are equally as important as the technology we use. We’re looking for people of the highest personal calibre, quietly confident, with a good work ethic, keenness to learn, emotional maturity and respect, who know that “we” is more than “me”, and who embrace human diversity of all kinds. As we grow you will help us to build a company culture of which we can all be proud. If you espouse these values, we want you!
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.