We’re seeking an experienced Azure Cloud Engineer, who has expertise in the strategy, design, development, and implementation of projects in the public cloud. The ideal candidate will have a firm grasp of emerging technologies, platforms, and applications and an ability to customize them to help Brado’s business become more secure and efficient. Cloud engineers will work closely with the Data Science, Operations, and Client Partner teams to deliver the company’s next generation data-driven services platform and AI-enabled care navigation platforms. Extensive knowledge of Azure cloud maintenance, data and platform security in healthcare industry, and platform as a code deployment knowledge are essential to this role. Candidates must also have extensive knowledge of deploying Azure resources using Bicep.
While this is a remote position, ideal candidates will live near one of our collaboration centers in St. Louis, Chicago or the Dallas/Ft.Worth areas, so that they can be on-site with teams regularly.
After applying for this position, please make sure to check your inbox or spam folder for a confirmation email that we received your application. Please also make sure to add Brado in your email on an “allow” list. In some email systems this may require you to right click and “always allow from” or “never mark as spam from” or something similar.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Work closely and collaboratively with Director of Software Engineering and analytics leadership across the company to drive cohesive work on the company’s digital health platform offerings.
- Contribute to engineering team’s execution of software development deliverables through daily stand-ups, sprint strategy, and collaboration with the Scrum Master.
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards for code quality and thoughtful design.
- Provide ability to monitor environments to ensure performance and up-time.
- Assist with cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
- Assisting architects and engineering leaders in the development and implementation of technical efforts to design, build, and deploy public cloud applications, including large-scale data processing, computationally intensive statistical modeling, conversation-AI and advanced analytics models.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle for public cloud solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance.
- Troubleshoot incidents, identify root causes, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures.
- Educate teams on the implementation of new cloud-based initiatives, providing associated training when necessary.
- Demonstrate exceptional problem-solving skills, with an ability to see and solve issues before they affect business productivity.
- Manage and support compliance with all company or job specific trainings for all employees and vendors working on your team.
- Responsible for applying security and resource patching of cloud infrastructure.
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.
- 3+ years experience in architecting, designing, developing, and implementing cloud-forward solutions on the Azure cloud platform.
- Proven ability to automate the deployment of Docker containers utilizing frameworks such as Kubernetes and Azure Container Apps.
- Experience deploying Azure Resources using Biceps.
- Experience working with Azure DevOps with proven ability to automate the creation of Docker images.
- Deep understanding or source repository tools such as BitBucket.
- Familiarity deploying multi-tenant Azure environments.
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving networking issues utilizing Infrastructure As Code.
- Understanding of and experience with the five pillars of a well-architected framework
- Solid understanding and experience of DevSecOps, Agile and Scrum process
- Ability to communicate technically complex material to audiences with differing levels of technical knowledge, including clients.
- Experience implementing SaaS-based, cloud-forward solutions is preferred.
- Experience in several of the following areas: database architecture, ETL, business intelligence, big data, machine learning, conversational-ai.
- Experience with cloud deployment architecture utilizing Infrastructure as code using tools such as Terraform.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent, Master’s degree preferred.
- Adhere with all Brado and client required training and guidelines for market research and healthcare industry regulations and laws. Specifically (but not limited to) Pharmacovigilance (PV) and Healthcare Providers (HCPs) processes and reporting, Ethics, Confidentiality, Data Privacy / Security and Harassment.
- Aligns with our values: People, Commitment, Aspiration, Trustworthiness & Impact.
- Demonstrates these Brado-specific hard & soft skills: Agile, Bold, Innovative, Curious, Empathetic, Teamwork, Self-starter, Verbal & Written Communication, Creative Thinking.
- Experience building digital healthcare products and platforms.
- Experience building high-scale and highly available computation systems.
- General knowledge of modern programming languages and frameworks such as Python, PHP, etc.
- Familiarity with various database platforms such as Milvus, MongoDB, MySQL/MSSQL.
- Experience building data-intensive, ML/AI, or other analytical systems.
- Familiarity with HIPAA, HITECH and PCI compliance.
- Experience integrating cloud environments to external APIs such as Twilio or OpenAI.
- Azure Data Engineer, Azure Security, Compliance and Identity, Azure Data Engineer, Azure Designing and Implementing Cloud-Native Applications, Azure DevOps Engineer.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Work From Home
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.