Since 1998, Businessolver has delivered market-changing benefits technology and services supported by an intrinsic responsiveness to client needs. The company creates client programs that maximize benefits program investment, minimize risk exposure, and engage employees with easy-to-use solutions and communication tools to assist them in making wise and cost-efficient benefits selections. Founded by HR professionals, Businessolver’s unwavering service-oriented culture and secure SaaS platform provide measurable success in its mission to provide complete client delight.
The Cloud Data Engineer II (CDE) will be responsible for architecting, developing, implementing, and operating stable, scalable, low cost solutions to source data from production systems into the data lake (AWS) and data warehouse (Redshift) and into end-user facing applications (AWS Quicksight). The ideal candidate should be able to work with Infrastructure, Data Analysts, and Machine Learning Engineers in a fast-paced environment, understanding the business requirements, and implementing ETL, machine learning and cloud solutions. This role will serve on the Cloud Data Engineering team.
- Degree in Computer Engineering/Science or related field, with 4+ years of professional experience in database/data lake development
- Proficient with processing data on relational databases like Oracle/SQL Server/MySQL/etc.
- Experience with developing on an MPP database Redshift/Teradata/Snowflake
- Proficient handling large data sets using SQL and databases in a business and engineering environment
- Experience with operations in a Public Cloud Environment (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Experience with ETL and Data Warehouse/Lake processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Oracle, Postgres, EMR, Redshift, Linux experience
- Familiar with computer science fundamentals including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
- Experience with complex/large data sets (Big Data)
- Experience operating a Data Lake
- Experience with Cloud Architecture/Engineering
The pay range for this position is 80K to 125K per year (pay to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data).
This role is eligible to participate in the annual bonus incentive plan.
Businessolver provides a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed here: https://businessolver.foleon.com/enrollment/job-board-businessolver-virtual-benefits-guide/ (for eligible full-time roles)
The Businessolver Way…
Our team has spent two decades crafting a culture that challenges each employee to perform at the top of their game – and have fun doing it! If you desire to use your skills and experience in an environment where you can make a difference, we want to hear from you!
Businessolver is committed to maintaining an environment that protects client data. We train our employees to maintain leading class security practices and expect all employees to adhere to policy, procedures and controls.
(Applicable to all roles at an AVP, DIR, VP or SVP and above level):
Serve as a security contact for the business unit. Responsible for driving adoption and compliance with information security and privacy practices. Serve as a liaison with the information security team on security and privacy matters.
Equal Opportunity at Businessolver:
Businessolver is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.