TITLE: Data Scientist
By joining Cambiar Education, you join a network of individuals committed to changing the marketplace for education innovation to prove undeniably that every student can succeed and thrive. As an organization, we respect each other’s time, value each other as individuals, and strive to support staff in a number of ways, including with a comprehensive and competitive benefits plan.
Cambiar Education believes that every person holds great potential to make a transformative difference in the world. We partner with leaders, including youth leaders, and communities to research, design, and launch game-changing solutions to our greatest challenges. Our curiosity and eternal optimism help us to see problems as opportunities and to approach challenges with a model that will create lasting change.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The newly created Data Scientist role at Cambiar is a critical manager-level position. The Data Scientist will be responsible for delivering insights from diverse data to guide the future of mission-critical programs and products across multiple teams. They will collaborate closely with product, design, and program delivery teams across Cambiar initiatives to align data collection and analysis with business objectives. They will also design and implement data infrastructure and systems, track insights, and measure impact. The Data Scientist will report to Cambiar’s Chief of Staff and work directly with teams and individuals throughout the organization.
As the Data Scientist, you will be accountable for the following:
- Data Insights and Optimization:
- Partner with Product Management, Program Delivery, executive leadership, and other stakeholders across multiple Cambiar initiatives to gather, manipulate, and analyze data and share cohesive insights that will drive business decisions
- Deep dive into data, especially data which is interesting or unexpected, to identify root causes and recommend paths forward
- Develop a deep understanding of user behavior for each initiative you are partnering with and recommend opportunities to optimize our product experience
- Testing and Experimentation:
- Serve as an expert in testing and experimentation best practices and provide support on experiment implementation, evaluation, and insight capture across multiple product domains
- Use a rapid learning cycle approach to adapt to new discoveries and changing priorities in a fast paced environment, taking a pragmatic approach to analysis that balances level of effort with business value
- Data Infrastructure Design and Management:
- Serve as an architect and gatekeeper of impact and engagement data
- Create, maintain, and democratize dashboards to make data actionable across teams
- Stakeholder Management:
- Communicate extremely proactively with team members and stakeholders, keeping them informed on project milestones and acting as a strategic thought partner to initiatives across the organization
This Role Might Be For You If You:
- Have exceptionally strong quantitative and analytical skills, and excel at using data, student and partner feedback, and intuition to drive sound recommendations
- Have a passion for turning data into insights and helping others unlock the power of their data
- Bring strong strategic skills to prioritize the most impactful work and clearly communicate those priorities to stakeholders
- Love the startup phase – with all the excitement, challenge, and hard work that come with it – and bring an ownership mindset and “whatever it takes” attitude to all of your work
- Are comfortable working exceptionally fast in an ambiguous work environment
- Communicate clearly and with quick turnaround at all levels, and across diverse stakeholders
- Are passionate about entrepreneurship, and about supporting BIPOC, youth, and female entrepreneurs
- Have familiarity with the US K-12 and Higher Education education sectors
This Role Might Not Be For You If You:
- Are status conscious, hierarchy-driven, or resume/credential-focused
- Struggle to give or receive feedback or engage in healthy dialogue
We value and celebrate diverse voices, perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds. Through our initiatives and engagements, we strive to foster a culture where everyone feels a sense of belonging and is empowered to bring their authentic selves.
The Cambiar team is committed to living our organization’s core values:
CREATE: We create to make a transformative difference in the world. We are eternally optimistic and develop game-changing solutions.
LOVE: We do this work because we believe in the tremendous talent and human potential of all; we seek to discover, engage, and celebrate everyone’s unique ‘superpowers.’ We seek out and lean into diverse ideas, joyful debates, and direct feedback.
GROW: We have a crazy curiosity, love big challenges, and aren’t afraid to fail. We accelerate growth and impact so change agents and change efforts reach their fullest potential.
LAUGH: We laugh often and out loud; creativity is best fostered when we are having fun! We defer judgment so we can all laugh, dance, sing, and express ‘like no one is watching.’
- A strong track record of professional experience (~7+ years) in data science roles (Product Analyst, Reporting Analyst, Business Intelligence Analyst or similar field) within high growth organizations, companies, and/or teams
- BS or MS in a Technical Degree or relevant experience that highlights your ability to excel on reporting & analytics
- Excellent project management skills and experience with large-scale data science projects
- Technical Skills:
- Expertise in SQL and web analytics tools such as Amplitude, Google Analytics, Mixpanel
- Proficiency in business intelligence dashboard tools like Domo, Tableau, Looker, or similar
- Strong foundation in statistics and experience evaluating A/B tests
- Demonstrated experience building and managing the necessary data infrastructure to support deep insights for program and product teams
- Proven ability to clearly articulate data stories to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong strategic communication skills, including experience engaging deeply with executive-level leadership
- 5+ years of experience working remotely with team members across different time zones
- Ability to periodically travel to in-person meetings in various US cities.
- Working with colleagues who are based across the country in various time zones.
- Ability to work remotely or from a home office.
$100,000 – $120,000 (commensurate with experience)
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.