NinjaCat is a digital marketing performance management platform that provides brands, agencies and media companies tools to collect, connect, analyze, and present marketing data in a meaningful way. Our data management and reporting solutions empower teams to communicate quickly and insightfully about the effectiveness of their marketing efforts at scale.
Our mission is to build a company that everyone wishes they were a part of and the proof is in the pudding: we were featured by Inc. Magazine as one of the best places to work (2 years in a row!) and 2020 AdAge best places to work. If that weren’t enough: we work remotely (work from anywhere!), offer great perks and have a unique culture built on our core values of compassion, action and trust. We recently raised a significant amount of capital, built a best-in-class leadership team, and we’re executing on a product vision that will transform the marketing analytics industry. We would love to have you be part of it. Learn more at www.ninjacat.io.
Interested but not sure you are qualified? If you are up for the challenge we want you to apply. We believe skills are transferable and we want everyone who wants to be part of NinjaCat to have a conversation with us.
About This Role
NinjaCat is hiring an associate software engineer that will help build and maintain our services and UI/UX in PHP/Vue/Laravel/MySQL. This role will also contribute to new features and services (Vue / Kotlin / Node) that help our customers connect and analyze high volume data.
- Maintain and improve our existing Laravel application and services
- Collaborate with your team to build & ship code for new and existing external API integrations and our external API. For example, you’ll work on our Management Open API that customers use to update their information in NinjaCat.
- Investigate, evaluate and test API requests and responses using Postman or similar tools
- Be curious. Learn and understand our historical code base and previous technical decisions.
- Learn and improve observability across our environments in AWS using Datadog, Sentry and other related tools.
- Work in an agile fashion in close collaboration with product owners, devops / SRE / Software Engineers in Test (SDET), and customer support
- Understanding how and when to problem solve on your own or to ask for help
- Beginner to Intermediate level of a full stack web framework (Rails, Django, Laravel, etc)
- Entry level understanding of background jobs and how to monitor and maintain background processes
- Basic understanding of how and when to test your code and owning the creation and maintenance of headless browser tests
- Basic understanding of data warehouses or data processing systems (Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift, etc)
- Basic knowledge of AWS (or GCP/Azure) and migrating monolithic applications into containers / kubernetes
What You Bring
- Completion of a coding bootcamp, technical school or a traditional 4 year degree
- A willingness to work in a full stack environment and write code every day
- A desire to learn and grow
Applicants must be located and authorized in the US or Canada. At this time, NinjaCat doesn’t offer visa sponsorship or transfers.
Cash compensation for this role includes a base salary in the range of $75,000 to $90,000, but may vary based on job-related knowledge, skills and experience.
Other Benefits Include:
- Work from home (We are 100% remote!)
- 4-Day Work Week
- Unlimited Vacation
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- An awesome place to work (Inc Magazine – Best Place To Work, and Glassdoor 4.7 Star Rating)
- Free books supported by NinjaCat’s reading program
- Personal learning and development stipend
- Monthly health and wellness reimbursement
- Yearly All Company in-person meetup
- Ability to have a huge impact on a growing company
- Work alongside an incredible CEO, and a fantastic team
- Ability to use “cat” puns and memes all day long
NinjaCat is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. NinjaCat makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
Applicants must be located and authorized in the US or Canada. At this time, NinjaCat does not offer visa sponsorship or transfers.
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.