Red Star 3D
Red Star 3D are seeking a talented ART DIRECTOR to oversee the visual style of a charming stop-motion-style half-hour animated special.
- Develop and maintain the film’s visual style in conjunction with the directors and producers.
- Produce art materials to guide production of assets, including the film’s characters and environments.
- Produce the film’s colour script and keys.
- Review deliverables, including assets, layout and final visuals to ensure they meet the approved visual style.
- Where necessary, oversee other artists to produce the above.
- Oversee production of promotional stills and other PR assets.
- Strong artistic skills in line drawing and colour.
- Filmmaking skills and knowledge, including an understanding of story and drama.
- Organisational and leadership ability to oversee a team of approx. 5 artists.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in creative roles in film and/or animation.
Nice to have:
- Experience as Art Director on an animated film or TV series
- Experience designing in a stop-motion style
- Ability to work in Autodesk Maya
- Storyboarding experience
Contract term: June 2023 – July 2024
This role is fully remote but is open only to candidates working from a time zone within 3 hours of the UK. Due to the way the project is funded, preference will be given to candidates physically based in the UK.
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.