IOG is looking to hire an Agile Coach to be the custodian of the IOG Agile way. The Agile Coach will use team management, coaching, and mentoring skills to help individuals and teams transition from a waterfall model to an agile approach. They are responsible for providing guidance on moving forward with projects, creating a safe space for experimentation, and ensuring that team members learn as they go.
You’ll be joining an exciting and fast-growing company who specialize in the delivery of blockchain solutions in an Agile way. You’ll be part of a team that’s helped organizations improve their ability to deliver iterative change at the pace they need to succeed. Your focus will be on coaching of the delivery teams and working with Scrum Masters and Product Owners to improve business agility and achieve the benefits that come with Agile.
- Support the running and maturing of agile practice in your tribe and squads
- Able to identify needs and support tribes and squads in finding solutions to issues such as being predictable, efficient and focused on delivery of customer value with fast feedback cycles
- Understanding and ability to coach/train fundamental Agile principles and techniques
- Facilitate learning and development among employees through individual and team coaching/Upskilling teams to work effectively & aligning delivery with the Agile ways of working
- Coaching Tribes and Squads on Agile values and principles, enabling them to implement appropriate and effective Agile ways of working
- Coach Tribes on communication and collaboration with other Tribes and Services
- Coach tribe leaders on effective metrics tracking
- Coach teams on delivery plans and effective planning techniques
- Assess agile maturity within Tribes and Squads and provide appropriate guidance for improvement opportunities
- Facilitate and lead agile workshops
- Coach teams on effective PI planning
- Act as a guide and servant leader to teams to aid them in exploring tailor-made solutions
- Lead and Coach on agile transformation incentives and initiatives
- Coach senior managers in agile practices to ensure the adoption of best practices from the top down
- Communicate agile principles, scrum practices, and overall operating model across the organization
- Champion the use of metrics and other objective measures by teams
- Undertake daily follow-ups with individual team members to ensure projects are on track and goals are being met
- Maintain objectivity regarding issues and how to troubleshoot them by applying Agile principles
- Hold stand-up meetings with cross-functional teams to review project status
- Support teams in determining resource allocations to maintain agile practices and ensure smooth project delivery
- coaching involves helping teams and organizations embrace Agile values, guiding them through change, facilitating collaboration, and resolving conflicts.
- Value and outcome driven, with a positive, “can do” attitude
- A highly motivated thinker with the ability to thrive in ambiguity
- An open and honest individual who both welcomes and provides feedback in a way that is constructive and thoughtful
Education / Experience
- Agile qualifications (e.g A-CSM, CSP)
- Coaching certification, as evidence of continued professional development (e.g ICP-ACC, ICP-ATF)
- Certification as Agile coach and Scrum Master
- Experience in coaching at large organizations or Fortune 500 companies
- Educational background in computer science
- Blockchain Development experience a plus
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science, or a similar field
- Proficient Agile software (e.g. JIRA)
- Knowledge and understanding of SDLC
IOG is a fully distributed organization but due to team distribution, we require someone to be based either in Ireland or the UK.
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work
- Laptop reimbursement
- New starter package to buy hardware essentials (headphones, monitor, etc)
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Competitive PTO and Sick Leave plan
UK & Ireland Employees
- Monthly Health Stipend to use towards any wellness or medical coverage/service
At IOG, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.