This is a full-time position based in the Dublin studio, and there is flexibility for remote working but applicants should be able to work in the Irish time zone as the studio.
We will endeavor to respond to all applicants, but due to the high volume of applications we receive a reply might not always be possible.
- Work in collaboration with the Lead Layout Artist, CG Supervisor(s), Art director, Layout/Animation Supervisor(s), and Layout department to establish and preserve the visual aesthetic and cinematography of the production.
- Translation of Storyboards and Animatics into 3D Layout, including the creation of Proxies, Staging, Blocking, and Camera work to provide a technical setup of shots for downstream departments.
- Show active participation in project departmental reviews steered by the Lead Layout Artist, Production, Art Director, and Supervisors.
- Understand exactly what a sequence’s creative criteria are and work with your peers to realise and produce shots accordingly.
- Adjustment of Cameras at the animation stage where required, ensuring consistent quality, style, and continuity, both visually and technically throughout the project.
- Recognise any inefficiencies and collaborate with the Lead Layout Artist, Supervisors, appropriate departments, and managers to address the problems.
- Coordinate closely with Production to ensure that all goals/weekly targets are being met and to flag any problems that could delay the schedule.
- Support a collaborative and creative environment that produces awesome Giant projects with great teams.
- Demonstrated experience in 3D/CG Animation Production (Series or Feature) as either Previz or Layout Artist.
- Open to feedback, notes and adjustments.
- Excellent communication, time, and team management skills.
- Strong knowledge of Cinematography, Cameras, and Lensing.
- Proficient in Maya.
- Strong understanding of Shotgrid a plus.
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills.
- Adept grasp of drawing and visual communication skills.
- Solid understanding of Production and Technical resources.
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.