AcadArena is the home of campus gaming across the Philippines and Southeast Asia. We’re building a better future for student gamers by creating a place for them to play, connect, and learn.
Though our team started in 2019 as a group of volunteers, we’ve grown into a venture-backed 30+ team that creates communities, platforms, and experiences that have brought hundreds of thousands of students into gaming.
Our vision is to create a place where students around the world can achieve their dreams — a university without borders.
Product Managers at AcadArena work on our Product team, building out the machinery that powers our community as a whole — including our global student platform for games and scholarships, our new suite of Discord support tools and MMO-lite experiences, and more.
You’ll be working with and supporting a diverse, global team of engineers, designers, researchers to build and shape the tools we need to serve our global network of students and leaders.
As a Product Manager, we’re looking for someone with superior organization, communication, technical excellence, and foresight who can help lead our team from the frontlines.
- Work with our other Production group members to spearhead operational excellence for the team by setting clear problems, priorities, and KPI’s
- Design and oversee superior QA practices for new and upcoming features
- Craft and execute a data-informed community management strategy
- Act as a liaison between Product and Growth by establishing standards for key metrics and success indicators
- Lead post-launch product marketing and content strategy
- Provide directional support by conducting UX and market research around new features and content ideas and presenting these to the team
- Use post-research insights to create and maintain a strong knowledge base of user personas, demographic information, and more
- Product Shipping Experience: 3+ years of industry experience as a Product Manager or equivalent role, with experience in:
- Game production
- Product marketing
- Live operations
- UX research and analytics
- Conceptually proficient: Has knowledge and working proficiency with:
- Project management principles
- UI/UX design
- Mobile game development
- Discord bot development
- Quality assurance
- Community management
- Effective Team Player: Has a proven track record in shipping projects from scratch while working with and/or leading a team.
- Goal Oriented: Laser-focused on directives and tasks. Able to contribute to sprint planning and estimations.
- Efficient: You advocate for the creation of new software only when it is necessary, and you can determine when to build a solution versus when to use off the shelf components
- Values-Driven & Youth Focused. You strongly believe in youth empowerment and have a good grasp of their needs and struggles.
- Strong Communicator: Proficient writing, communication and presentation skills in both English and ideally, a SEA language.
- Strong understanding of gaming, esports, and/or communities
- Experience working in startups with a lean and close-knit team
- Familiar with regional culture and trends in SEA, Brazil, or South Korea
- Familiar with Discord API + Bot Development.
- Proficiency in any of the ff. languages:
- Bahasa Indonesia
AcadArena is a Southeast Asian campus gaming start-up building the place where students play, connect and earn through gaming and the metaverse. We’re backed by an all-star cast of investors including Iterative, 1KX, Hashed, Kevin Lin (Twitch), Kun Gao (Crunchyroll) and Holly Liu (Kabam).
To apply for this job please visit remotive.com.