Highlights: Australia announced expanded Pathways to PR for Subclass TSS Visa Holders
- Australian government increased Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold to $70,000. This is applicable from 1st July 2023.
- Nominations lodged before July 1, 2023, as well as existing visa holders, will not be affected by the increase in TSMIT.
- Temporary Residents Transition pathway of subclass 186 visa will be open to all TSS visa holders till end of 2023.
- TRT eligibility is reduced to 2 years of working for the same employer, regardless of job type on a TSS visa.
- List of occupations are not limited to Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List for TSS visa holders.
*Willing to work in Australia? Check your eligibility for free with Australia Skilled Immigration Points Calculator.
Australia expanded TR to PR pathways
Australia’s Department of Home Affairs has announced significant changes to the Subclass 482 visa program. These changes expands TR to PR pathways which will be implemented by the end of year 2023.
The new policies aim to provide:
- Fair access to permanent residence for all visa holders, including those in short-term occupations.
- Long-term settlement in Australia for subclass 482 visa holders.
Expanded opportunities for Subclass 482 Visa holders
Previously, subclass 482 visa holders do not have any path to get Australian permanent residency. However, under the updated guidelines, they will now have the opportunity to apply for the Australia PR through the Temporary Residence Transition stream.
Eligibility Criteria for the TRT Stream
To qualify for the TRT stream, candidate must:
- Continue working in the profession specified in their TSS visas.
- No limitations on eligible occupations and Long-term Strategic Skills List
*Need expert guidance to apply for TSS Visa? Y-Axis is here to guide you in all the steps.
Employment requirement: Reduced to 2 years
The government has also reduced the employment requirement from 3 years to 2 years for the TRT stream. Additionally, applicants must fulfil all other visa and nomination requirements for the Temporary Residence Transition stream of the Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186) visa.
No limitations for number of TSS visa applications
Australian government took measures to remove limits for the number of applications for TSS visa. This measure aims to support temporary residents in Australia to get Permanent Residency.
Australian Government’s commitment to equal opportunities for TRs
In order to assist TSS visa holders in Australia, the government has eliminated the restrictions and applicants can submit the nominations within the country.
By expanding eligibility and reducing employment requirements, the government aims to create more chances for TSS visa holders to obtain permanent residency, contributing to Australia’s workforce and economy.
Just start your journey to Australia in 2023! Apply now to settle in Australia.
Need step-by-step guidance to apply for Australia PR visa? Talk to Y-Axis, the world’s no. 1 Overseas Immigration Consultant.
Also Read: Changes in Australia’s Immigration Policy: New Visas and Regulations for 2023-24
Web Story: Australia increased Temporary Skilled Income Threshold to $70,000 and expanded TR to PR pathways